Computer Re-Program: 270 vs 360 Degree

Frank

Scooter
Does anyone one know if the 270 Degree Speedmaster/America requires a different Computer Re-Program than the 360 Degree Bonneville?

MattyMo

moped
From what I see, the 360 & 270 degree engine tunes are not interchangeable. Same device and software used with engine type specific maps. I've used TuneECU to alter my America. From that site there are separate category listings for the Bonneville, Thruxton & Speedmaster/America cycles. I'm sure they are separated for a reason.

wbarnier

Scooter
Tunes for BS

Pieman how much longer until new tunes are available for the EFI Speedmasters? Waiting patiently.
wbarnier

PieMan

Two Stroke
Hi, yes it's taking longer than I thought, sorry about that. I have a 2010 Speedmaster sitting here waiting, as soon as the Scrambler tunes are complete the America/Speedmaster tunes will be next out. Most probably they will start to be available mid Summer.

wbarnier

Scooter
Help

While we are waiting for the new tunes I want to ask Pieman a question. Would it be OK to remove the AIR on my stock 2012 Speedmaster? I have the factory TORS map in it now along with a set of FEKED old style Burgess mufflers which sound beautiful by the way. Also would it help any to do a new Reset Adaptation after I disable the AIR system. Just wondering.

wbarnier

MattyMo

moped
wbarnier, If the AIR your talking about is the SAI (air injection) then sure. Remove, plug holes and remap. You will need to disable the air injection in the map and save it. Then load it to the ECU. Disabling it in the fuel map only prevents the CEL, doesn't really shut the SAI off. You can reset the adaptations then or just let it adapt normally as long as your O2 sensors are still in place. Not really needed with this change I don't think but wouldn't hurt to take the steps.