Clicking sound - feint - Like a card in bicycle spokes... help?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
It might be that one of the wheels is ever-so-slightly out of alignment and/or a brake rotor got dinged ever so slightly and you're having rotor-pad contact once per rev?

Also possibly you've got a slightly bent link in the chain that is clicking when it hits the sprocket...

Does it vary with engine revs, or with bike speed? If it's the revs, then it's not brakes or chain, and is likely a loose bolt on the header or else just tappy valves that may have always been tappy and you're just now sensitive to it.

Good luck!

koifarm

Hooligan
Oh I should have thought of that.

On the speedo cable - mine sorta of 'whirrrs' at low temps - not a clicking but more of a whining.

Just wondering if the whining sound is when BL rides with ya?

On another front I'd lube the speedo cable.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Just wondering if the whining sound is when BL rides with ya?

SO funny! And you *know* that BL rides her very own bike thank you very much!

Interestingly enough, I have lubed the cable, and it doesn't help. I even replaced it (thinking maybe I kinked it at some point) and it didn't help. When it's below about 45 out, at certain speeds (like between about 10 and 25 or 30 mph), it just whirrs. It probably whirrs above 30 but by then I'm WOT and channeling my inner Guy Martin, and nobody knows what the fuck he's saying, so I can't hear a thing.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Feint? Really? That's "faint"

It's possible that there's a demon on his bike, generating the sound as though it's coming from the front somewhere in order to get the OP to spend $$ chasing a non-issue. Then it would be a "feint" sound.

Just sayin'. :poke:

koifarm

Hooligan
SO funny! And you *know* that BL rides her very own bike thank you very much!

Interestingly enough, I have lubed the cable, and it doesn't help. I even replaced it (thinking maybe I kinked it at some point) and it didn't help. When it's below about 45 out, at certain speeds (like between about 10 and 25 or 30 mph), it just whirrs. It probably whirrs above 30 but by then I'm WOT and channeling my inner Guy Martin, and nobody knows what the fuck he's saying, so I can't hear a thing.

Mine does the same thing BJ, even after lubing it there is still a faint (feint) whirring sound. Although with my bad hearing and a set of good earplugs I miss 90% of the wide array of clicking, whirring, buzzing, wheezing, tapping and screeching noises. I actually wear the earplugs when I'm home as well, it prevents or lessens the same noises coming from my wife.