Cleaning BC Preds?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Gang,

I have found that my Dr Martens, altough fat, gas oil, bee, and crack addict resistant, they are unfortunately not heat resistant. As seen on my BC Pred pipes...I use the passenger pegs as 'rear-sets' fyi.

So how do I go about cleaning the burnt crap off the pipes without scratching/damaging anything?

Thanks.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
The crud is easier to remove when the pipes are warm.
Good thing about the predators, they are fairly thick stainless and can be polished again if you scratch it. I have the same problem, my heel sometimes makes contact with the area right where it clamps to the header, mostly when I am wearing something other than my boots, which seem to stay put better.
-Ben

CAPTDON

Street Tracker
Burnt Crud

Can always use the burn up & the (when cold) plastic ice scraper tech? Can then use oven cleaner to finish it off? When crud melts on my pipes- I usually wait till it turns to crispy then go at it? A bit easier that way.Had a plastic bag fly up off the road 1 time while riding- what a mess! It was an ugly site waiting for it to crisp out but came off (finally OK) after. Have fun NOT!!

Stretch

Scooter
I used brasso metal polish, and a fine grade steel wool pad. Worked great, and didn't scratch up the pipe at all.