Classic Bikes - Pre 1970 Photographs

casper

Two Stroke
How about a nice thread of good classic photographs of some good old Brit bikes? How about anything pre 1970....

Here is a lovely shot of a lady on a Royal Enfield Cycar machine with a Royal Automobile Club RAC Officer in the UK....Great period picture from the mid 1930s.....

Post your favourites!

Dave

By casperdog

Oxblood

750cc
My favorite old bike pics are here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29723

Foot_power_1952.jpg

Gretsch

Rocker
Bob.

Attachments

• dylan_triumph.jpg
    dylan_triumph.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Triumph_motorbike__summer_64.jpg
    Triumph_motorbike__summer_64.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
It may not be British, but the photo is pre 1970 and the bike is a 52. And it was fun to ride....if you didn't have to stop it quickly.
Dads_1952_Panhead.jpg

Rocker

Two Stroke
How about a nice thread of good classic photographs of some good old Brit bikes? How about anything pre 1970....

Here is a lovely shot of a lady on a Royal Enfield Cycar machine with a Royal Automobile Club RAC Officer in the UK....Great period picture from the mid 1930s.....

Post your favourites!

Dave

By casperdog

Is it me or is she a dead ringer for the late dear old Queen Mum?
After all it is a ROYAL Enfield..

casper

Two Stroke
We've seen the King of Cool above. How about the Prince....

DeanJimBackus.jpg

Keep 'em coming!

Yes, without James Dean and Steve McQueen, the classic line up would not be complete.

That old RAC Patrol photo; yes it DOES look a bit like the late Queen Mother!!!!!! :) Maybe she was a bike rider in the 1930s....who knows :)

I must post some more of these lovely old photographs. Meanwhile another one...for you Yanks (I hope its OK to call you 'Yanks' its not an insult or anything; not meant to be, but in these PC time you never know :) )

A 1923 Indian police Scout at a parade in Philidelphia in the 20s/30s?

By casperdog