check engine light help..

phil

Street Tracker
hey guys, the check engine light came on today on the bonne, I have a 2010 bonne se, I just put a kn filter, and new iridium plugs no other mods. I have just about 13,000k on it, and I was just wondering if there any advice or something I could try before I take it to the doctor..thanks..

qwenzel

Two Stroke
Did you check all the wires you moved around to make sure they are where they belong and are tight ?

hey guys, the check engine light came on today on the bonne, I have a 2010 bonne se, I just put a kn filter, and new iridium plugs no other mods. I have just about 13,000k on it, and I was just wondering if there any advice or something I could try before I take it to the doctor..thanks..

Check the connection to the oil pressure sensor. I've had them come loose on other motors. Also, I've had the sensor just fail. Check those before you take Bonnie to the doctor.

phil

Street Tracker
Ok.. sounds like a plan.. I thinking maybe a wiring problem
to?. Do those obd2 reader work at all?

phil

Street Tracker
:rock:we'll thanks for you help guys, I picked up a cheap obd reader, and it told me there was something wrong with the secondary air injection system, so, for fun I checked and sure enough the wire was loose it..so pretty happy about that.. ;).. and no more check engine light..:).:ride::ride:

Bigted

Two Stroke
This is one of the reasons why I like efi, you can actually track down alot of gremlins fairly quickly using the efi fault reporting.