cheap battery alternatives

Craigore

TT Racer
Well, my stock Yuasa batter finally took a dump. It's a 2005... so it lasted A LONG FUCKING TIME!

Anyway, I am not totally opposed to spending $80 on a new battery... but, wouldn't mind spending less if there is a generic brand that you all have had good experiences with.

There are so many freakin' options out there.

Well, my stock Yuasa batter finally took a dump. It's a 2005... so it lasted A LONG FUCKING TIME!

Anyway, I am not totally opposed to spending $80 on a new battery... but, wouldn't mind spending less if there is a generic brand that you all have had good experiences with.

There are so many freakin' options out there.

I have heard that the motorcycle batteries at Walmart are actually rebranded Yuasas...might want to check there.

derby boy

Two Stroke
Yep, I used the Wallmart brand in the Bonnie for 2-1/2 yrs, no problem. I also have one in "mommas" quad and they have both worked fine. There @ $50.00, just make sure you get the right one because if the overall dimensions are taller, wider etc... you'll have fit issues in the battery box.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
My Bonneville still has the original battery in it and its a 2005 with 18,000 miles!

Damn good whatever it is..... I put a Walmart Battery in the Suzi and its not that great....

Eggman66

Scooter
Just because of age, I replaced the original out of my 2003 last summer with one from Interstate. It is a repackaged Yuasa. Now using the original in a lawn mower.

For what it's worth, I put in a new Bikemaster (standard, not AGM) four years ago and it lasted exactly three years, in spite of use of a Battery Tender and lack of stress on it. It seems the original Yuasas often last longer than that, and that's what I have now.

derby boy

Two Stroke
I notice that all the folks with batteries that last a long time are in 4 season or colder climates. Here in the Desert SW it's the heat that kills batteries. I usually get 3 yrs. on any battery, any vehicle, so the cheaper ones here work fine but wouldn't want them in colder climates.

innominate

Street Tracker
I notice that all the folks with batteries that last a long time are in 4 season or colder climates. Here in the Desert SW it's the heat that kills batteries. I usually get 3 yrs. on any battery, any vehicle, so the cheaper ones here work fine but wouldn't want them in colder climates.

I know heat is bad for the batt. But I just replaced my orig 06 bonnie batt this past dec. The last3 yrs here in tx we've had record number of >100 degree days. Do I replaced it with another yuasa

bonZa

Street Tracker
I'm a bit paranoid about being left stranded in the middle of nowhere with a flat battery so after 3 years replaced the original Yuasa with a Deka agm battery. meant to be the ants pants and are under $80

LS1*

Scooter
My walmart battery croaked after less than 2 years, and it was on a battery tender the whole time. I won't waste another $50 on one of them when a yuasa or deka is $20 more.

jphickory

Banned
I have the original 2002 factory battery in my bike. I don't own a battery tender. I just remove the battery every fall and it sits on my work bench (temp controlled work shop) through the winter. In the spring I charge it one time and reinstall. It's lasting a ridiculously long time and I'm tempted to replace - but it's sort of fun to see how many more seasons I can get out of it.