Changing clothes - Bonnyising the Thrux

Pete R

Banned
I'm still on the look out for another guard to mess with, but in the meantime Santa bought me some Tommasellis!
I've fitted them above the top yoke (I run about 28mm of fork sticking through) and didn't use the double joint. So I've got zero rise but can swing them up and down as well as rotate them on the forks. I reckon I've found the ideal setup for the Thruxton! Here's some pics -

controls.jpg

rhs.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

hi Guys,
Been Messing With The Bike (does It Ever Stop?) Thought I'd Show You Some Pics Of The Old Girl In Her New Togs :) She Did Look Like This -

6.jpg

Now She Looks Like This - With More Stuff Planned...

bonnythrux3.jpg

bonnythrux2.jpg

bonnythrux1.jpg

Now, I Wonder If I Can Do The Same For The Missus...:chin:

That Looks Awesome!! Can You Tell Me Where You Got The Seat??

T-boy

Rocker
Hi guys,
Been messing with the bike (does it ever stop?) Thought I'd show you some pics of the old girl in her new togs :)
Now, I wonder if I can do the same for the missus...

Nice job, Pete. I like the new look. Would probably cost you more to give the missus a complete makeover. Keep up the good work.

drlapo

Hooligan
I'm still on the look out for another guard to mess with, but in the meantime Santa bought me some Tommasellis!
I've fitted them above the top yoke (I run about 28mm of fork sticking through) and didn't use the double joint. So I've got zero rise but can swing them up and down as well as rotate them on the forks. I reckon I've found the ideal setup for the Thruxton! Here's some pics -

QUOTE]

are you still using the stock fork tubes? and you have them pulled up throught top tree by more than an inch? have you also shortened the rear suspension? I would expect the bike to very unstable at speed with such a drastically shortened front end

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Looks way better to me... but I have a black/red T100 that I never get tired of. :D

Agree you could use a black front mudguard now...... eyebrow tank badges too. ;)

Pete R

Banned
Hi boys, been away for a bit of a holiday :)

The seat is a Corbin Gunfighter I picked up off evilbay. You can get nice new shiny ones direct from Corbin.

No probs at all with stability with the forks pushed through. The lower centre of gravity makes it sit better in corners too. I have dropped the forks back down to compare and it definitely feels more nervous to me so I pushed them back through again.

The tank is from a 2006 T100. A beautiful thing it is!

I've got Tommasellis on her now and just about to fit a tiny KPB front brake reservoir to get rid of that piss bottle. I'll post Pics when it 's done

Cheers & Beers,
Pete

Pete R

Banned
Just fitted the KBP reservoir to piss off the standard pisspot. Before and after pics below -

pisspotside.jpg

rhs2.jpg

From behind -

pisspotrear.jpg

rear1.jpg

It's much less of an eyesore now and the whole job was easy, in fact a piece of piss!!!:lol3: :lame:

finished1.jpg

Pete R

Banned
Thanks boys :)

It's been as hot as buggery down here today (42C+) and there's signs of 'sweating' (for want of a better term) on the outside of the reservoir. I gave the bike a real fang on the way into work - I suspect the lid may leak a bit. It's a nice screw on affair but no gaskets or seals of any kind. I'll see if I can find an O ring that'll fit in there.

I was reading somewhere that some guys have replaced the reservoir with a piece of rubber tubing connected to the standard master cylinder 'elbow' and then blocked off the other end by some means. The tubing itself becomes the reservoir. Interesting...

RumRunner

Street Tracker
Thanks boys :)

It's been as hot as buggery down here today (42C+) and there's signs of 'sweating' (for want of a better term) on the outside of the reservoir. I gave the bike a real fang on the way into work - I suspect the lid may leak a bit. It's a nice screw on affair but no gaskets or seals of any kind. I'll see if I can find an O ring that'll fit in there.

I was reading somewhere that some guys have replaced the reservoir with a piece of rubber tubing connected to the standard master cylinder 'elbow' and then blocked off the other end by some means. The tubing itself becomes the reservoir. Interesting...

Pete,

Mine did that as well. The threads aren't cut extremely tight between the cap and body. I put a wrap of teflon tape around the body (below the top edge so it won't get into the reservoir) and now have no problems what so ever.

PA060269.jpg

I know of someone here locally who has done just that with his Thruxton.

This is his bike below:

MarksThrux.jpg

We're getting together this weekend. If he's on his Thux and not his Duc, I'll see if I can't get a closer picture to post up.

Cheers,
Chris

Pete R

Banned
Pete,

Mine did that as well. The threads aren't cut extremely tight between the cap and body. I put a wrap of teflon tape around the body (below the top edge so it won't get into the reservoir) and now have no problems what so ever.

What a good idea - thanks mate!

I know of someone here locally who has done just that with his Thruxton.

This is his bike below:

MarksThrux.jpg

We're getting together this weekend. If he's on his Thux and not his Duc, I'll see if I can't get a closer picture to post up.

Cheers,
Chris

ooh! That's an interesting concept. A piece of clear tubing to keep an eye on fluid level, perhaps direct it over under the instruments for extra volume. Hmm. Out to the shed tonight!
A pic showing a bit more detail would be tops, especially how the end is sealed.

Pete :cheers:

Ninja K

Two Stroke
What a good idea - thanks mate!

ooh! That's an interesting concept. A piece of clear tubing to keep an eye on fluid level, perhaps direct it over under the instruments for extra volume. Hmm. Out to the shed tonight!
A pic showing a bit more detail would be tops, especially how the end is sealed.

Pete :cheers:

Saw this at the Long Beach Bike show.. This was actually on a bike from Lossa Engineering that was featured on an episode of Cafe Racer. It was the first time I had seen such a thing.. Seemed interesting

http://davecphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/14081350_tUxsa#1170697593_whYH2-O-LB

Pete R

Banned
Thanks for that :up:

I'm thinking there maybe a height issue - I've got a D9 layflat and don't really want a piece of tubing sticking up like a honeymooner's todger.

There might be another way tho'... :chin:

drlapo

Hooligan
don't use vinyl tubing it will leak. you need a tubing that is compatible with glycol and that will not be easy to find

Pete R

Banned
don't use vinyl tubing it will leak. you need a tubing that is compatible with glycol and that will not be easy to find

There's height issues because of the layflat bracket so I'm sticking with the thimble for the time being. But I guess in the end if you wanted to use tubing you could always use the stuff they use to connect the pisspot to the m/cylinder.