Changes...

simpson

TT Racer
Some of you may know that I have been a co-owner of a motorcycle shop that specialized in 70's era Hondas. But this Friday is it...I am getting out of the motorcycle business. For the past two years I have dedicated myself to the caretaking and growth of it, but it is time to step away.

A recruiter came calling, and an offer was made that was too tempting to be refused. I accepted and I start my new job in a couple of weeks.

Riding and wrenching were becoming a chore and I was getting disenchanted with the one hobby that I have truly loved. I can't wait to go pleasure riding again.
:woot:

-simpson

simpson

TT Racer
For work I am going to be a project manager/process improvement for a manufacturing facility in the eastern part of NC.

For fun I am going to start rolling the miles up on my motorcycles.

-simpson

beemerrich

Street Tracker
Nate,

Sorry to hear that the ugly side of running a biz for profit took the shine off building up bikes. It's hard to take a passion & turn it into a profession without suffering that fate.

Good luck in your new role and enjoy the saddle time...

Regards,

--Rich

KingBear

Hooligan
The best way to ruin your hobby is to make it your job. Congratulations on both counts - for having the guts to go for it, and for having the wisdom to walk away.

Good luck in your new position.

britman

Scooter
Truer words were never spoken.....

The best way to ruin your hobby is to make it your job. Congratulations on both counts - for having the guts to go for it, and for having the wisdom to walk away.

Good luck in your new position.

All the best in new position Simpson and I am sure you have more than done your part to keep a number of the old true classics on the road. Kingbear is dead on with his observation. My Wife and I enjoyed a hobby of collecting and restoring various antiques to include old wind up record players. It turned into a side business for over ten years and we did make some money. When we shut down the shop and walked away a few years back it was pure relief. Time and pressure will reduce the fun factor severely.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
I worked in the "business" in the early 70s: service manager/mechanic, parts manager, sales
it was fun but never had a weekend off as the shops were open on Saturday and we raced on Sunday= wrenching other folk's bikes too
if it's a job it gets old but I recommend it for a younger guy
now I can tell some great stories about "back when"

good luck to you in your new career

Last edited:

simpson

TT Racer
Thanks, all!

Will definitely give you a heads up when I head to the North Georgia mountains, Bonfide.

-simpson