Change muffers for road test?

Craigore

TT Racer
I'M FINALLY GOING TO BE RIDING LEGAL!

Question is, should I put my stock mufflers back on to take the road test?

I currently am using the type that sets off car alarms

KingBear

Hooligan
Yeah, they might not write a ticket but they may not let you take the test either. Pipe change probably takes less time than a second trip to the DMV.

Craigore

TT Racer
I have shittyEmgos but am going to be getting something new soon. Next time they come off, they're never going back on.

Bongo111

Scooter
How likely are any British M.O.T stations to fail a bike fitted with TORS or Norman Hyde Togas because of their noise levels? (Considering they are regarded as 'off-road use only'.) Surely they don't use a db meter ! Anybody had any experience of this situation ?

Nick Morey

Rocker
How likely are any British M.O.T stations to fail a bike fitted with TORS or Norman Hyde Togas because of their noise levels? (Considering they are regarded as 'off-road use only'.) Surely they don't use a db meter ! Anybody had any experience of this situation ?

I went through this question here in NY over a two year period. Last time I noticed they didn't even have me start the bike... so... this year I just called them up and asked, "should I put on my stock mufflers to get the inspection sticker?". They said, "Don't bother. We only check the lights, horn, and tires." So I would suggest calling and asking, what can it hurt?

Nick Morey

Rocker
He is talking about the motorcycle license road test. Yes, put the stock cans back on. You don't need the stress.

That was Craigore who was taking his road test, I was attempting to answer Bongo111's question. :)

and BlueJ's right I'd call the Ministry of Transportation from somebody's phone besides mine, just in case!

Craigore

TT Racer
I actually had the test today... AND PASSED... with the Emgo's on

She did tell me to turn the engine off though because she couldn't talk over it

haha

Nick Morey

Rocker
Congratulations Craigore! Drive safe dude & never assume the other guy/gal sees you, they are all way to busy texting or worrying about their crummy little cager lives or something...

B06Tang

Cafe Racer

I had my bike MOT'd last July in Bury. Left the TORs right on the bike with that stamp staring straight up at them. The bike passed no problems whatsoever and nothing was ever said.

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
I still find it bizarre that Amis can ride without taking tests and getting licences. That said, I rode without a licence back in the UK for a while. Long time ago, mind.

Oh and congrats on passing your test!