center stand preference?

KingBear

Hooligan
The Triumph centre stand fits perfectly and works well enough once you get the hang of it. The Bonnie is a heavy bike so you have to stomp down pretty good on the foot lever to get it to pop to attention. I don't know that the NH is any easier, and aside from that I don't think there could possibly be much difference.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I have the Triumph center stand. I heard they are a PITA to install so I ordered one through the dealer. On in less than 30 minutes ($25.00 for labor) I rode to the dealer, had it installed and had plenty of time for a nice ride after. Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

Like KingBear said... stand on it! You'll never have arms strong enough to curl a Bonnie! It's quite easy if you have good technique.

It makes cleaning the rear wheel and lubing the chain so much easier. More room on the garage too.

Hope that helps.

Joel

Bonniebret

Rocker
I have the Triumph one and it was on my bike when I bought it. Although I use the side one for the most part the centerstand is awesome for doing maintenance.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
I've been considering the NH stand but would like to hear from anyone that has it with BC Predator pipes, wondering if there are any fitment issues.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I've got the NH centrestand and had no problems installing it myself, though it took a bit of practice to get the technique of putting the bike up onto it. When I had the Preds, the stand bumped right up to the pad on the muffler. When I swapped on other pipes, I pressed a 2" length of heater hose onto the the centrestand arm to pad the place where it contacts the muffler. Overall, an excellent product and a real labor-saver for maintenance.:rock:

Mofles

Scooter
Get the triumph c-stand

I had the Triumph center stand on the bonnie for 5 months. (wrecked and took it off). As other have said you need to get the technique down, it helps to have someone there to spot you so you don't drop the bike.

Made chain maintenance much easier, checking the spokes and It took me less than 40 minutes to install. You wont need many tools; 8mm hex bit, 12 and 14 mm wrench and grease for the metal bushings.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Triumph Centerstand came to me in a box, easy to install and good to have. Two things, if you go to 140 size tires the space between the tire and the pavement decreases to about an inch to inch and a half. Two, while parked on Best Buy's asphalt parking lot on centerstand in the July heat had the bike sitting on it's tires ready to drive away in about an hour. I had to knock the asphalt off the feet of the stand.
Weird feeling the first time it happens to ya.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I like my stand but it took me a while to install it because there's a right side and wrong side to the whole installation and I didn't read the instructions very well. I also installed some shocks off a Thruxton/kawsaki so now the rear wheel is on the ground. The trick is to use the footpeg triangle to get it up. Easy that way.

jphickory

Banned
I have the Triumph centerstand and am very happy with it. Once you get used to the technique of using the stand - its pretty easy to do. Takes the rear wheel off the ground and about 70% (Im guessing) of the weight off the frt wheel. I can slip turn the frt wheel for cleaning and maintenance on my concrete garage floor when its on the centerstand. Very satisfied with mine but have not tried other brands; they probably work good too.

No, have only scraped my boot and footpeg.

Jewel

That's good news.
A mate with Triumph c/stand had a problem when going hard into left handers. He is going to reduce the thickness of his rubber buffer attached to his after market pipes. If you are OK with, I assume std pipes, and pegs grind first, I think I will get one.

KingBear

Hooligan
Note about installation (Triumph OEM) - bolting the stand onto the frame is a piece of cake, the only real challenge is hooking up the dual spring under strain. The thing to do is to hook one end of the springs onto the stand first, then take a short length of rope or paracord and loop it around the other end of the springs then pass the rope over the cross-member of the frame. Use the rope to pull the spring and hook it onto the silver bracket. Use a wrench or something as a handle for the loop of rope. (Imagine something like this ski boot carry handle)...
8f496d0e-35d2-4939-84e1-522fd619ef7e.jpg

Last edited:

Mofles

Scooter
Note about installation (Triumph OEM) - bolting the stand onto the frame is a piece of cake, the only real challenge is hooking up the dual spring under strain. The thing to do is to hook one end of the springs onto the stand first, then take a short length of rope or paracord and loop it around the other end of the springs then pass the rope over the cross-member of the frame. Use the rope to pull the spring and hook it onto the silver bracket. Use a wrench or something as a handle for the loop of rope.
I wondered about the springs. I only used 1, the instructions didn't say anything about using both. Then i noticed while splitting lanes that the stand would bounce and smack the bump stop. I had so much trouble trying to attach both springs, so i just went with one. next time i will put both.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I've been considering the NH stand but would like to hear from anyone that has it with BC Predator pipes, wondering if there are any fitment issues.

I have the Triumph center stand and Predators. This is a great point, and I'm sorry I left it out. Sean at BC has a small bracket that he will send with the Preds, but you HAVE to tell him that you are running a center stand. Without the little bracket the center stand will bag the pipes.

I initially failed to do this because I didn't know there was an issue. Sean overnighted me a bracket... no charge. Not even for shipping.

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
I have the Triumph center stand and Predators. This is a great point, and I'm sorry I left it out. Sean at BC has a small bracket that he will send with the Preds, but you HAVE to tell him that you are running a center stand. Without the little bracket the center stand will bag the pipes.

I initially failed to do this because I didn't know there was an issue. Sean overnighted me a bracket... no charge. Not even for shipping.

This is very helpful to know, thank you so much. Just one other question, where does the bracket attach?

Those guys at BC are awesome when it comes to customer service.

07black&red

Two Stroke
OK so I found the cheapest one on the internet (Triumph OEM) $211 @ shopbonneville.com, printed the page and went down to the "stealer" to see if they would match it (retails for $235) and they did! I promptly rewarded them with additional purchase of cleaner and chrome polish. What the hell...
Installation:
No sweat. Puzzled over how to get the springs attached for a bit. After hanging both springs from the bracket and hooking the bracket to its post I ended up using my small vise grips to grab the end of the inside spring, pull and attach it to the stand, then grab the end of the outside spring and attach it to the stand.
Note: Bike came with the Emgo slip ons from Bellacorse and there is no center stand stop like there is on the stock left-side peashooter. I'll give 'em a call and see if there is a bracket...

Last edited: