CBR F3 wheel and fork swap (pics and write up)

questions:

Are you running the CBR rear brake rotor?
Isn't it smaller than the Thruxton rotor?
Doesn't the Thrux rotor bolt right up to the F3 wheel?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
questions:

Are you running the CBR rear brake rotor?
Isn't it smaller than the Thruxton rotor?
Doesn't the Thrux rotor bolt right up to the F3 wheel?

Yes, yes, didn't think to try it before i sold em. It does not fit in the caliper all the way, still provides some braking but not as much as I'd like. I'll end up finding one that someone is discarding and using it but for now it works just fine.

if you need to buy one and can't find a decent deal on one, check out these guys, they can make you one:

http://www.pmfronline.com/

they custom made a rear brake rotor for me when I did my wheel swap. It cost about $225 shipped, if I remember correctly.

MES

750cc
for the rear rotor, try carlos at TPUSA. they might have a used one laying around.
if not, then try Pinwall
their website sucks, but they DON'T. give em a call.

i really need to stop looking at this thread.

MES

750cc
money is a real issue right now. even with doing things myself I still can't afford it. Just the way it is.

Good to see others meching about though.

mark66

TT Racer
NICE WORK, let me get on board here before it's to late. Sweet job man, I'm always impressed by guys like you who can just jump in and come out with a really nice looking and running bike. I'm envious!:rock:

money is a real issue right now. even with doing things myself I still can't afford it. Just the way it is.

man I know how that goes. Been tough times around here too but things are looking up. Hang in there buddy!

Texas94fs

Hooligan

Yea I took since January gathering up all the bits. I'm broke as a joke now with the other half of the bills moving to dallas. Luckily i got her together before that.

NICE WORK, let me get on board here before it's to late. Sweet job man, I'm always impressed by guys like you who can just jump in and come out with a really nice looking and running bike. I'm envious!:rock:

Thanks man, its been a long time coming. I was really apprehensive about the wheels taking away from the look, but now it looks like a bitching hot rod.

D9

Vendor
Not sure where all those pics went, but looks like some conversion action starts lower down
on page 4...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v450/mbrtxkker50/Saffron/#!cpZZ4QQtppZZ24

one bad-ass, super clean swap, well done :headbang2:

f3p12.jpg

Last edited: