Cambria...Big Sur...Ragged Point CA

MES

750cc
MES.......you are so right....the HUNTER LIGGETT....NACIAMENTO....from King City ride is one of the best. Usually not traveled by the tourista's.
LMT
I'll probabally do cambria this year
Also: jerry and I are free ranging so when the days get longer maybe we can do the Southern end or your home range.

The 58/ Pozo/Creston is just about as far North we can go for a day trip. Even then it's about 700+. we do 3-4 times a year as a day trip.

I love those little loops off of the 46/ Vineyard. Could do those all day. Tight and shady oak lined 2nd and 3rd gear rippers. Got to watch out for the drunks on the Wine tours though.

Interlake/Naimento is a good cruiser road, or as fast as you can go, and a great way to make time when your trying to beat the sun home.
Saw a Bald eagle fly right (and I do mean right) in front of us. The thing was at least the size of a B-24. Pretty impressive.

strokerlmt

MES....the interlake as you call it is great and Hunter......some days there is not a soul there and you can it wind it up into teh 3numbers on some good straight runs.

LMT,
We plan on spending about a week in San Fran in latter part of April. How much time would I need to do the drive as far as Cambria then back to SanFran? Can we do it in a day?:d

wobbly

It's doable only sticking to Hwy 1 the whole way, a very long day dawn to dusk (225 mi one way, winding, traffic, towns... on paper no problem, but really hard to tell what speed you can actually average the whole way). More comfortable and enjoyable would be to Big Sur area (165 mi one way). To accelerate whole Cambria route, Hwy 1 South, Hwy 46 to Hwy 101 back North (but that's not as fun).

From SF I'd suggest Hwy 1 South to Monterey/Carmel, head inland and take inland routes back North (152, Uvas Rd, getting to Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35) back North. That's a classic route, and various great alternatives (Hwy 9, Hwy 236, etc....).

I'm happy to Google map some routes, I'm sure plenty to be found online searching... Post if you want to meet up with anyone.

CHUCK

wobblygong

Street Tracker
It's doable only sticking to Hwy 1 the whole way, a very long day dawn to dusk (225 mi one way, winding, traffic, towns... on paper no problem, but really hard to tell what speed you can actually average the whole way). More comfortable and enjoyable would be to Big Sur area (165 mi one way). To accelerate whole Cambria route, Hwy 1 South, Hwy 46 to Hwy 101 back North (but that's not as fun).

From SF I'd suggest Hwy 1 South to Monterey/Carmel, head inland and take inland routes back North (152, Uvas Rd, getting to Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35) back North. That's a classic route, and various great alternatives (Hwy 9, Hwy 236, etc....).

I'm happy to Google map some routes, I'm sure plenty to be found online searching... Post if you want to meet up with anyone.

CHUCK

Sorry Chuck, been away on holidays then got back home and found my modem was RS.

Thanks for the info.....Over the next month and half will work out an itinerary. A lot will depend on availability of flights. Will PM you when I get a plan......wobbly