California Coast Road Trip to Laguna Seca/MotoGP

Ninja K

Two Stroke
This past weekend, 2 friends and I headed up the California coast to Laguna Seca to watch MotoGP. We rode up on 2 Thruxtons and a Bonneville. To make my bike more comfy for the ride, I put on M Bars and a fly screen as well as some BA Moto Ammo cans for carrying my junk. We rode up with full face helmets most of the way but switched to our open faced through the windy and slow roads of Paso Robles. The races were great but the road trip was the best part! It was the longest ride I've done on my bike so far (Over 800 miles) and included some serious extreme weather conditions; one minute I was freezing my ass off and the next getting a serious sun burn.. Anyway, please enjoy the pics!

One of our first stops, Morro Bay

i-d8ZJzJj-XL.jpg

i-wDGhmWG-L.jpg

i-6kVPgNL-L.jpg

Cruising through wine country

i-Rqrx9H7-L.jpg

i-WCJt8XZ-XL.jpg

The bike parking at the the track.

i-f38pHKx-L.jpg

i-nKcDt2Q-L.jpg

mondrian5

Scooter
Ninja K,
How did you get that b/w shot between the handlebars? A special harness for the camera?
Looks like an excellent trip! Riding 1 up through Big Sur must have been great. I would love to have been on that ride.

That's a beautiful shot, man.

Hey when you get a chance, if you don't mind, I'd like to see how you got those ammo cans mounted. I've got a set that's been collecting dust in my garage and I'd like to at least get them mounted to the brackets for future use.

Cheers,

Ninja K

Two Stroke
Ninja K,
How did you get that b/w shot between the handlebars? A special harness for the camera?
Looks like an excellent trip! Riding 1 up through Big Sur must have been great. I would love to have been on that ride.

That was actually shot with a Go Pro Hero and the chest mount. Worked perfectly. www.gopro.com

Nice photos....next time stop by in Cambria for a break we can have a coffee?

We made a stop in Cambria. I love that town! Next time for sure!

LMT

That's a beautiful shot, man.

Hey when you get a chance, if you don't mind, I'd like to see how you got those ammo cans mounted. I've got a set that's been collecting dust in my garage and I'd like to at least get them mounted to the brackets for future use.

Cheers,

Thanks! I bought them at BA Moto. I'm not sure how much they were involved in the fabrication of the brackets and the mods of the cans but they are built pretty well. I'll get some pics of the brackets and the cans this weekend as I plan on taking them off until next summer.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Speaking of Cambria...There's a gathering of Triumphs going on this weekend. Wish I had the time to go.