Cafe Racer season 2

Kirkus51

Hooligan
It's a show about non-Harley non-cruiser bikes. I'll watch it. When that CX500 was redone last year it got me interested.

DandyDoug

750cc
Hmm;

I watched last year and have seen 2 episodes of the new season. Looks like more of the same, despite Seat's claim of more "in depth" stories of the builds.

I can live without Santiago Choppers junk, yuk ptooee !

I think the show is really targeted at a pretty young demographic, with the attention span of a nat.

I'm not a fan of Seat's but give him kudos for finding a format and sticking to it. Will watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

Happened to be in a Barnes and Noble the other day, had a few $$ left on a gift card so i used it up and bought a copy of Cafe' Racer magazine. The format is at least a standard size now, pictures are good, text is written like a 10 year old and probably oriented towards a 12 year old .

Kirkus51

Hooligan
As an aside, there's got to be a culture out there, no matter what the their ages are, that obtain and cafe out older bikes. I haven't seen it here in the Mile Hi, but the relatives in California have seen several groups of riders on older cafe'd bikes.

I have to admire that because it's not mega bucks build a chopper for TV fare. Just some buddies resurrecting old bikes to ride.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I wouldn't mind seeing a Sporty cafe project; I love the HD as a cafe but I'm turned around that way...I think the old Trumpets make for the best looking bobbers.

I know I am late to this, but that was ridiculous. Seems a lot of these guys are just douches. He is building a custom frame for that CB. Why the eff would you start with one that original and nice. So messed up. I am sure he'll build something nice, but he damn sure could have started with a barn find for all the shit he is doing to that bike. Makes me sick.

My thoughts exactly as I watched. The final product may have been nice for some, but to me the ends didn't justify the means. Just controversy for ratings.

I do enjoy having a motorcycle show that isn't several seasons old Choppers with all design and no soul. I still love the idea of old school meeting new school tech, but after a few shows of them butchering some nice finds, I'm digging the older bikes before the shops get their hands on 'em.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Anyone else think the CB750 Brian built was fugly?

Yes. The front end look aight .. the back end looked like someone stuffed a seat up the bike's ass and it broke - then they had a walled-eyed fool weld it back all fuckin crooked. Looked jammed together. Guess what, it was! The tail light is EXACTLY the same as the one he put on the CB550 he built. How original. The 550 he built (saw it in person) was pretty cool looking - props on that one, but that 750 looked like shit .. even more so after you compare it to the before shots. The bike in it's before state was schweet and Brian is a douche for cutting it up.