Buying Tires

dbacher06

Scooter
Anyone have a good online source for buying Avons at a good price?

Also, what is the difference between the Avon Roadriders and Azaro's? Anyone have any experience with the Azaro's as i cant find much on them.

I bought mine (Avon Roadriders) online from JC Whitney. I just waited for a good coupon code or when they were on sale for a nice price. You can google JC Whiney coupon codes to see if they'll work.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/roadrider-am26-tires/p2017237.jcwx#prodDetailTabPanel

***use promo code COOL4U to get free shipping (but will still have to pay heavy item surcharge)***

HUGE EDIT:

I JUST found REALLY good pricing for the tires:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/28/396/12107/ITEM/Avon-AM26-Roadrider-Rear-Tire.aspx

Last edited:

miksane

moped
how many miles yall get from this bike for a set of tires? i ride a klr250 (first bike), but i really like a cafe'd out bonnie and want to know what maintenance is like before i get the bike.

nachog35

Scooter
Got mine from SWMoto too and had local shop mount. 1k miles into them I really like the tires I've done my usual backroad bombing plus light touring and even got caught in rain, overall much better than the stock BT45's I had.

Bonniebret

Rocker
how many miles yall get from this bike for a set of tires? i ride a klr250 (first bike), but i really like a cafe'd out bonnie and want to know what maintenance is like before i get the bike.

I put about about 4k on the Bridgestones that were on the the bike when I got it before I replaced them with the Avons.

drlapo

Hooligan
the tires on my Thruxton are shot at 8000 miles
I must be riding it right as the front is worn more than the rear
I bought Avons from Competition Accessories, no shipping costs

how many miles yall get from this bike for a set of tires?

I use Dunlop GT501's which are a little "harder" than the Avons but I have been getting 9 to 10,000 miles from rears and 14 to 15,000 miles from fronts. You have to monitor tyre pressures closely with these bikes as they will lose 2 to 5lbs pressure per week.

ivar

TT Racer
I use Dunlop GT501's which are a little "harder" than the Avons but I have been getting 9 to 10,000 miles from rears and 14 to 15,000 miles from fronts. You have to monitor tyre pressures closely with these bikes as they will lose 2 to 5lbs pressure per week.

Our tarmac here in Norway is harder on the tires. On my set of 501's I got around 6000 on my rear tire, 9k on the front. But with new tubes, they held air pressures exceptionally well. I dont think I lost more than a couple lbs in several months.