Buttpads, anyone bought one?

northcountry

Two Stroke
sheepskin

I had scoped out the alaska leather and after further checking I bought a full merino skin off ebay and covered a KQ seat. Saved some bucks and wasn't to bad of a job. The scraps after cutting make good insoles. I used the long hair.

scottdc

moped
If you are not feeling crafty the Alaska Leather pads are really nice quality. They have an elastic strap that runs under your seat with a clip on each end for easy removal. Night and day difference, I swear by them for long distance days. The owner of Alaska Leather is a really cool person who stands by her products.

scolepdx

Scooter
Oh sweet! Did you buy a medium seat pad? Kind of looked like a dualsport wouldn't really work. Did you buy a rally or deluxe one?

scottdc

moped
I bought the "Pillion 1" but I have a Thruxton seat on my bike and it's an exact fit. It should fit the stock Scrammie seat ok but there may be a better one. You can always call or email Alaska Leather. They know bikes and should be able to recommend the right fit. I have a Deluxe but my wife got a Rally for her BMW and to be honest there's not a huge difference that I can tell, the Rally is probably the way to go.

Last edited:

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I went and picked up a chunk of sheepskin for $20 at a local leather place. it's big enough to cover my entire stock seat. I just tuck the bottom in under the seat as I'm putting the seat on, and the frame holds it into place.

davevv

moped
I have used Alaska Leather's pads on three different bikes now. They are an improvement when added to any seat. Not a HUGE improvement, but better. There is a second benefit that I find almost as nice as the added comfort, which is that you don't get the "fried butt" syndrome after the bike has been parked in the sun for awhile.

airspro

Scooter
I got this pad http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-utilities/saddle-pads/aerostich-sheepskin-saddle-pads.html

The Small Tapered (15"x15") fits the King part of the Triumph King and Queen seat very well .

I liked the look and prices of the Alaska Leather's pads but went with the "Aerostich-exclusive, non-skid 3/16" PVC foam mesh base" thought that might be a plus .

I "had" a AirHawk , sold it with less than 100 miles on it . Wasn't for me . I really didn't like the way it made me feel , like I was slip or sliping from front to back as I braked or got on the throttle . Just me I guess . I know lots like it , and it sold very quickly :)