Brake Pad Composition

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I have seen Kevlar, sintered and organic and ceramic disc brake pads all mentioned about in dealing with brake pad composition.
For basic street riding, which one gives best stoping power with longest life?
What would the others best be used for then. I would imagine one of the mixtures might be best for racing apps where the pads could be changed out before every race and have powerful stopping power but a relatively short life span due to high heat generated.
So, anyone have any good answers they'd like to share?
Thanks for any input, I'm about to replace my pads and am looking here first for knowledge on the subject before calling the parts houses. :chin:

KingBear

Hooligan
I asked the same questions when I was changing out my front brake pads at 8,500 miles. Here's a link to the thread if you are interested. I ended up installing the EBC HH sintered pads and I have been very happy with them. At nearly 15,800 miles they are in very good shape, still providing smooth, positive, quiet braking. I expect them to last at least as long as the originals, maybe a couple thousand miles more.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I too like HH sintered, at least on the front. I actually have organic pads on the rear; they aren't as grabby and since I almost never carry a passenger, I don't like to chance locking up the rear wheel if I'm in a hurry to no longer be in a hurry. The organics have a much better "feel" to them, IMHO.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I use the HH pads and they work well. I, however, like something with less initial bite and a more progressive feel. These suit my needs unless I really heat em up at the track.

qwenzel

Two Stroke
Triumph front brakes are HH. I replaced mine with the EBC sintered HH's both front and rear. Much longer lasting and work even better.