Booze and bikes

kottomack

Scooter
:lol:and then you woke up
Coolest thing happened right after I bought my Scram back in May.
Up at the mall is a sports bar that caters to bikes. They have a bike exclusive parking area, and on the weekends it's usually full of the standard mix of Harleys, clones, and crotch rockets. IMHO, the DFW area is slim on Triumphs, both old and new.
I'm cruising around getting to love my new to me Scram, and I decide, "what the hell, I'll idle through the parking lot of the "Red neck bar" just for giggles. Quite a few people there, it was a beautiful day. As I turned into the lot, and went idleing by, all the activity out on the lot came to a stop. It was like I was driving the lunar lander! One big leather covered buffalo jumped up to say something, and knocked over several beers on the table he was at.
I had to grin a little in my helmet when I pulled onto the frontage road.
I don't think any of us bought a Triumph to "be seen" on it, we bought it for how it makes us feel. And as a rule, I find Triumph riders don't think they have to be "snockered" to have a good time. Riding, in itself is the good time. Still, it was kind of nice to see your bike cause a break in the action. Pun intended.