Bonny Input Wanted

Bonafide

NBR founder
It was an optional tank available ... kinda rare. Should of had matching fenders. Think it might have come with dart screen. There was another paint scheme on a silver tank, yellow scallops with B&W checker trimmings.

strokerlmt

View attachment 6782

Not sure if I did this pic attachment correctly. Would like to know if the tank is original with this decal. I haven't been able to find a picture of another one like this. Up close & personal it doesn't look like a decal, it's very professional and personally I dig it because it makes the bike unique.

What say you?

Wow....I like the tank...plus a nice solid grab rail.......
LMT

monty

Street Tracker
If it were me Trout, I would start with something a bit more stock and do any mods myself. From the picture, I think you can do better for your money.

Treat a stock bike as a blank canvas and make it your own.

It may look better in the flesh, so to speak but I think you can do better for your money.

Monty.

strokerlmt

Trout.....testimorial for these bikes....go to teh RAF bike thread. That engine has been sitting for 3 years and she fired rt up.
LMT

KingBear

Hooligan
That's a good looking bike. Add silver fenders and it would look custom.

FYI: As I sit in the front window of a coffee shop this morning on Market Street in Frederick I see people stopping and looking at my 2006 Bonneville T100 parked outside, talking to each other and asking people sitting at the sidewalk tables if it belongs to them. People inside see my Triumph jacket draped over the chair and come to talk to me about it. As I type some guy is doing a complete walk-around.

I tell you this because it is what you will need to expect. If you want to fly under the radar and go unnoticed (which is what I thought when I bought mine) buy a custom special edition Harley. If you don't want strangers talking to you DO NOT buy this bike!

dogman

Scooter
Trout have 50k + on an 06 black bonnie, started running better around 30k,recently installed clutch due to my own doing,most ironbound machine i ever owned.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
FYI: As I sit in the front window of a coffee shop this morning on Market Street in Frederick I see people stopping and looking at my 2006 Bonneville T100 parked outside...

I tell you this because it is what you will need to expect. If you want to fly under the radar and go unnoticed (which is what I thought when I bought mine) buy a custom special edition Harley. If you don't want strangers talking to you DO NOT buy this bike!

+5 to that. These bikes draw a crowd, pretty much everywhere, no matter how much or little customizing you do.

qwenzel

Two Stroke
Dang! I think you'll like your Bonnys just a wee bit. I'm gonna ask for just 1 more piece of advice then the next post from me will be for how much I'm diggin on my Bonny. Local Harley dealer has a 2005 T100 with 5,000 miles on it. One owner, all stock except for heat wrap on the pipes and bar end mirrors. Asking $5,000.00. I'm thinking of offering $4500. (tax, tags, out the door) with a new rear tire supplied and installed by them.
Watcha think?

Last year I found my 08 T100 at a Harley dealer also. I think they are just glad to get rid of them. Adds to much class to their shop.....lol

But seriously, you can't beat a Bonnie.

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Problem is if you buy one and then your hooked, next you will be eyeing off a Thruxton. Once I bought my T100 I wanted more, not because I was unsatisfied, it was because I was just so wrapped in the quality of the bike, the ride, the character and the Thruxton was another bike to offer all of its uniqueness . Problem is with a new addiction I had to try and give up at least two of my other three vices... cigarettes, drink and dirty loose women. Well with all the money I saved on not drinking and smoking it helped to pay for my new Thruxton. Now all the nurses down at the STD clinic know me as "The guy with the nice Triumphs". If you get one change the head set bearings to taper to stop the slight shaking at higher speeds and put heavier clutch springs in if you want to increase the power, any sort of mod will result in slipping at higher gears. Cheers TD

bonZa

Street Tracker
Trout,
these machines are very reliable. bought mine new in 2007 and have since put on over 50,000 kilometers. have spent up to 8 hours in the saddle, not the most comfortable of seats but my backside has hardened to it. most mileage in one day was over 800 kilometers, about 500 miles, and have done similar mileages many times

have taken it to remote places where you wouldnt want to break down and have felt very secure on it. also have travelled on quite a few dirt roads. one funny place was a hundred kilometer stretch and I was taking it easy. passed a farmer fixing his fence and the look on his face was priceles as I cruised by. and be prepared for people asking about and admiring your bike

Bigted

Two Stroke
I always see a few "How Much I Like My Bonnie/Thrux" threads on the Triumph forums and am wondering if this type of thread is seen on the forums for other marques or is it a Bonneville thing?