Bonny CDI failure?????

zmilin

Street Tracker
Have any of you Bonny folks had CDI failures? Heard of it happening?

We Cruiser folk (over at BA.com) have issues with CDI failures. Ive been knocking around the idea of relocating my CDI on the assumption that the Bonnies don't suffer CDI failures as I've never seen a post about it here or on another .net site.

If there are fairly common instances of CDI failures on Bonnies then I don't think a relocation will help. Just trying to get my facts straight.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I had the CDI's fart out on me on both my '06 & '07 Bonnies. I am 2 for 2 when it comes this issues and I know that I'm not the only that this has happened to. Weeping cam covers and the CDI seems to be the achilles of these fine engines!

drlapo

Hooligan
no issues with the ignitor on my 05 Thruxton
I have tested a Procom unit and found it to be a good value

derby boy

Two Stroke
It happened to me. Although it may have been self induced. After installing 2- 55W driving light I started having problems. I think the excess load dropped the voltage to the CDI and it fried itself. May have been unrelated and it was just its time. That's both the rectifier & the CDI manufactured by GILL for Triumph that has gone out on me. I replaced it with a Procom programable unit and it runs and starts smoother than ever.

Ken T140D

moped
I've had the CDI fail on my '07 Bonnie at about 9000 miles. Replaced it with a Procom unit and now runs beautifully.