Bonnie winter project finished

Thats really nice :)
shame those tank badges are not available for the late EFI models (uses stick on badges?) , I must be looking in the wrong place?

Well done anyway.

Steve

Whats the info on the wheels? It looks like you put a smaller front wheel on, or is that wrong?

Let me know, as this is something I really am interested in doing.

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Thanks guys.

It's a shame they started using plastic tank badges after 07 Steve. I took as much of the plastic crap off both my bikes. Plastic is fine if it has a primary function e.g. to prevent corrosion. For that reason I actually prefer plastic mudguards. But plastic tank badges or plastic that is made to look like metal, as in the chromed light units....ugh.

The front wheel just looks smaller because it's black now articsea. Still a standard 19 inch rim. I'm not a fan of bling, so I'm probably going to do my other bike's wheels black as well. I've done both headlight buckets.

Cheers Mark. It rides very differently too with the airbox gutted and the Preds on.

tuquoque

Scooter
Nice. One of the best looking Blacks I've seen.

I read from your blog you have painted the seat logo.
What kind of paint and brushes you used?
Any chance you could post a close up pic?

Last edited:

FrankBlack

Two Stroke
Tuquoque, I painted my seat logo using the same children's silver acrylic paint I used four years ago on my other bike. Over four years the paint as remained sound, albeit looking a little less bright than when first applied. I used simple, cheap watercolour brushes to do it (the type used for modelling paintwork or watercolour painting, but get the cheap ones). So the answer is, 'you need nothing special to do this'. Just clean the area with some soap and water then carefully paint it in with a steady hand. You can use a permanent black ink marker for those little areas where you go over the edge with the paint. Pictures here http://frankselbow2.blogspot.com/2010/11/seat-logo.html

em_dot

Street Tracker
Wow!

What a difference. Super nice result!

I actually bought an '07 tank for my '08 Bonnie on FleaBay. Came with the aftermarked eyebrow badges, and has never had gasoline in it. I also got a steel front fender and side covers too. Plastic on these bikes it just wrong. The tins are waiting in the garage. Paint will come after the motor is done. So many mods... so little time.