Bonnie or Thrux Rear Wheel on a SM?

sharp21

Scooter
I'd like a fatter rear tire & was looking at getting an America hub, then lacing on a larger rim etc.

But I thought I would check to see if any of the other wire wheels will work
S.

Nick Morey

Rocker
I have a 150/70 - 17 on my T100 about as big as you can go with this rim

Here's a look:

100_0170.jpg

sharp21

Scooter
But will the rear wheel from a Bonnie fit onto a SM? If the hub is compatible then I'll lace a new rim onto it
S.

I believe the SM/America has a wider swingarm than the Bonnie/Thrux/Scramblers do. The hubs should fit, but you might have to get some new axle spacers made.

sharp21

Scooter
Thats what I was thinking, but I want to make sure they are the same before splashing out... I've gone over the drawings on bikebandit comparing the two, but am not sure if any of the differences are deal breakers. They don't give any measurements.

If it was only a bit of spacer modification I'd jump on that Bonny wheel...

S.

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Thanks! That is from a "ride report" I did last year. If you're interested in checking it out it's on page 2. It's called "The Red Tavern Road". Now I'll apologize for my shameless self promotion! :D:

Last edited:

sharp21

Scooter
I've been looking at the bikebandit fiche's again. Bonny Scram & Thrux are identical, just the America is the odd one out... So way to tell if they are sized the same, but it would make sense that the PN would be the same if they were.

Example, Cush Drive
Bonneville: 5567930-001
America: 5567931-001
Scrambo: 5567930-001
Thrux: 5567930-001

sharp21

Scooter
I'm working offshore at the moment so my movements are limited to about 160m in either direction!

Plus there are not a lot of trumpets out my way...

S.