Bonnie exhaust: Arrow, D&D, Preds

jb's Bonne

Two Stroke
Ben, I really like the look with the flyscreen. I think I'll get one for the winter. is it easy to take off and put on?

thanks for the web sites.

bdavanza

Street Tracker
if you look at the review at webikeworld you will see how it attaches. I don't have any reason for removing it, but it does not take too long, you may have to re-aim your headlight. It's not "quick change" or anything.
-Ben

innominate

Street Tracker
i think we need to start a zrx shock club. . . seem to be a popular choice :D

i should be getting mine in the next day or 2. can't wait to see if they make a difference. i've never ridden a stock bonnie. mine already had progressives in the front and a set of ikon's in the rear when i bought it. but for the price i just had to get a set.

back on topic. i have d&d's and even a harley guy told me my bike was loud:D
i do like the sound of preds but the d&d's are louder. the preds have a more muffled low tone at idle than the d&d's

and i'm not a fan of the 2 into 1 pipes. i just like a symmetrical look. but i do like the single high pipe i've seen on some scramblers.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
After a lot of thinking and shopping, I think I really like the look of my blued chrome headers and will probably go with Preds for Bonnevilles. I wish they had more of an upswept look like Thruxton pipes, but they'll work.

Stretch

Scooter
I'm thinking about getting some D&D Megaphones, but I have heard they are fugging loud as hell. Nueroboy was talking about being able to repack them? I would like to see how much you could tone them down. I've found a deal on some next to new Megaphones for around 300. They do seem to make good power numbers, but I would be willing to sacrafice a 2-3 ponies to keep my ear drums in tact. Reall I think the best sounding pipes are NH classic "toga" I really want to get them, but I just cant justify spending over 500 on pipes. You get what you pay for. I dunno Help?

bdavanza

Street Tracker
D&D's have some tight packing in them already, a fiberglass looking stuff. I doubt you could tame them with anything outside of an internal baffle. Do what I do, when you can't justify spending x amount one something you want, sell something you don't need or use anymore to offset the cost. Once you own the pipes you want you will never regret spending the money (unless you lose the farm).
-Ben

GeoDiablo

Two Stroke
I rode an '08 Bonneville with the Arrow 2-pipe system yesterday. I have never heard any exhaust that sounded better than this, and the bike pulled like crazy too.

The Triumph dealer quoted me $1200 on the standard set and $1100 for the 2 into 1 system.

For me, anything else would be settling for less. IMHO