Bonnie Bret's down

pepper

Street Tracker
Bret had an incident on the 101 sunday afternoon (some fucking idiots christmas tree fell out onto the highway in front of him at speed) and he's currently in Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center. He can relate all the details of what happened later but for now his leg is pretty fucked up from hitting the big end of the tree, his bike is in impound (he was able to get his bike to the side of the highway couldn't physically ride away from the scene). He had surgery today and has another scheduled tomorrow to install a titanium rod.

Last edited:

AceT100

Rocker
He posted a picture on Facebook earlier today, he looks to have a cage on the leg and a drain going also.

His post didn't make much sense...I'm guessing its the painkillers.

He is good friends with a buddy of mine so will keep you updated if I hear anything more.

Pete R

Banned
Geezus, poor Bret. What a thing to happen. A shitload of Good Karma sent from Downunda.

Can you guys tell me if the goose that lost his Xmas tree will be liable for Bret's medical costs? or will Bret have to wear it himself? Down here everybody has public health cover (you can opt for private cover too if you want) so the medical bills wont have your income garnished until the end of time. I'm not exactly sure how things work over your way.

Hang in there Bret,
Pete

Kirkus51

Hooligan
The upshot here in the U.S. is if you don't have health insurance you're screwed. So I hope BB can find a lawyer and get some buckage. That's also hard since a ton of people out there are driving around without auto insurance. And..... last time I was in the hospital, it was 8 grand for an angioplasty and an overnight stay.

Pete R

Banned
The upshot here in the U.S. is if you don't have health insurance you're screwed. So I hope BB can find a lawyer and get some buckage. That's also hard since a ton of people out there are driving around without auto insurance. And..... last time I was in the hospital, it was 8 grand for an angioplasty and an overnight stay.

Fuck me dead. Down here your can't get your car registered unless you have 3rd party insurance. The cops have onboard N/plate recognition so unregistered/uninsured vehicles are nailed pretty quickly.

Don't worry about it Bret, get well first then put yer kickin' boots on. :fight:

78gold

Two Stroke
Mate,
Hope you are feeling better and can read these posts.
All the best for your recovery and I hope the guy has insurance and you stick it right up him??
Regards
Nigel

Bonniebret

Rocker
Hey guys, thanks for the well wishes. It means a lot. It was all pretty crazy. Remember the Theisman leg shot? Just imagine that on a bike as worked my way to the shoulder. As I put my foot down it just crumpled underneath and the bike just rested on top of me.

2nd surgery's today sometime. 4-5 months recovery time estimated. We'll see.

TheFixer

Two Stroke
Man, what a freaky way to go down. Glad to hear Bret is recovering. Best of luck for a speedy return home.

T-boy

Rocker
Hang in there, Bret. Best wishes and a speedy recovery. Talk about a freak accident....just plain weird.