Bonneville T100 - tail lights

NuRider

moped
This might be a dumb question but I am a new rider. I am just wondering if Bonneville's do not have tail lights. I rode once at night and the only thing that lights up was the headlight and the brake light.

The brake light becomes bright when i step on the brake but the turn signal lights only light up when I am turning, unlike cars that they stay on and they start blinking when you are turning.

My Bonneville's turn signal only lights up when being used. Is this a dumb question? :d

bonZa

Street Tracker
the tail light should be illuminated when the head light is on. are you sure it isn't on? it is hard to see in broad daylight and may not appear to be lit, maybe check during night time.
if it's not on then the bulb is blown.

and the turn signals/indicators/blinkers or what ever else they are called have to be switched on and off manually when required. they do not cancel out automatically like a car after the turn is completed. it is important to get in the habit of making sure your blinkers are off, otherwise you may give a false signal to other road users of your intentions on the road

it would pay for you to have a read of the owners manual as has handy info like what type of bulbs and how to replace them etc.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
According to the OP, it's behaving normally.

"the only thing that lights up was the headlight and the brake light": Normal.

"The brake light becomes bright when i step on the brake": Normal.

"the turn signal lights only light up when I am turning": Technically, they only light up when you turn them on, whether you are actually turning or not. And yeah, then you have to turn them off.

"Is this a dumb question?": Not the dumbest one ever asked, but..... :)

NuRider

moped
Thank you so much for taking the time to the reply. This forum really helps me understand the bike more. The term I was looking for was what KingBear stated, dual elements- running lights. I do not think my T100 has that. I did read the manual but I could not find that switch like in the car.

I will give it a second look, it is possible I missed it from the manual (being so eager to find it ).

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Here In Australia the headlight and tail light must be on at all times when riding the bike. The tail light has two filaments, and one is brighter than the other. The brighter one is for the brake light. So we have no light switch - only hi-beam. And indicators.

NuRider

moped
2wheelsdown - ok, then I am not loosing my mind. They are indeed not illuminated when not in use or being use :-(

JimmyR - that is what I have only Hi-Beam, nothing else.