Bonneville steering dampers

koifarm

Hooligan
Hey mate,
could you use one of those gas filled units that help support and hold up your boot or trunk lid ?? :)

Be careful with those, there is no adjustment. I've heard some say that those dampers out of VW's will work but you have to make brackets for them.

The Norman Hyde one seems to have neater mounting brackets but the Bella Corse mounts on the left, which is something I've always tried to do when fitting them as you can adjust your damper and still control the throttle with them mounted on the left.

I have zero experience of steering dampers but adjusting a control system whilst riding sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Last edited:

retrorider

Scooter
I wish it didn't read these boards, because I hear about a new farkle for my bike and, after a while, I just have to get it. That Bellacorse damper is sharp-looking. I can feel my credit card creeping out of my wallet.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Got one of these on order.
Peter has been a gentleman to deal with and looking forward to trying this out.
Hoping that it will cure my 85+mph weave!

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Got one of these on order.
Peter has been a gentleman to deal with and looking forward to trying this out.
Hoping that it will cure my 85+mph weave!

where can you get one for the australian market as bellacorse dont post to Australia!!! and I don't know why it is a shame!

Kind Regards Ben Dickens:worthy:

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Yesterday I was riding back to my ranch when I decided to let er rip and at about 90 mph, I got a serious wobble that I could not stop no matter how much force I applied. I tried letting up on the bars but it only got worse.
That wobble will surprise hell out of you when it starts.
Oh well there are so many deer and hogs around here that it makes flying around these backroads hazardous at any speed let alone worrying about the wobble!
I counted 9 dead hawgs and three deer being lunched on by buzzards last Wednesday and while speaking of flying critters, I rolled into a flock of about 25 wild turkeys just as they were crossing the road yesterday evening. Talk about excitment! There were birds flying every which way!

Guess I'l look into the dampner right after I take care of the rear shocks.

Last edited:

Easy13

Street Tracker
Oh well there are so many deer and hogs around here that it makes flying around these backroads hazardous at any speed let alone worrying about the wobble!
I counted 9 dead hawgs and three deer being lunched on by buzzards last Wednesday and while speaking of flying critters, I rolled into a flock of about 25 wild turkeys just as they were crossing the road yesterday evening. Talk about excitment! There were birds flying every which way.

Deer? Hawgs? Turkeys? Dude, you need to be out there in a pickup with a shotgun and a reinforced front bumper: Got the makins for a good stew!

retrorider

Scooter
Broke down and bought the damper from BellaCorse. Damn! I've got to stop reading these boards. It burns a hole in my pocket.

koifarm

Hooligan
Broke down and bought the damper from BellaCorse. Damn! I've got to stop reading these boards. It burns a hole in my pocket.

Easy solution, take your credit cards and wrap them up with an entire roll of duct tape....you REALLY have to want something to get to them.....totally eliminates impulse buying....:shh::cheers: