Bonneville pricing question.

Dunic

moped
So, finally found myself a nice 2010 sexy green Bonneville t100! It has an arrow 2 in 2 exhaust on it (was planning to do this myself but the dealer already has it on :( ) End of the story being the dealer wants to charge me $10,750 for this (€8,800) Being a young lad of 20 years old, and never having bought anything worth this ammount of money, I'm curious if this dealer is taking advantage of me or am I actually getting a decent deal here?

Dunic

moped
Sorry for the double post too. I don't know if I should say actual monetary value on here, I'm just so curious/scared/excited/lost I have absolutely no idea what to do in this situation.

steamfitter

Two Stroke
that's a little pricy to me. i looked it up and the 2010 bonneville t100 is $8800 and the arrow 2-2 exhaust is 1200. that's 10,000 dollars and it is also msrp. is the $10,750 including freight and set-up. if it is, you are probably in the ballpark (and i mean ballpark!), if it isn't then you are into it way too much.-keith

p.s. by the way, don't know how sold you are on the arrow exhaust, but there is better ones IMHO that are cheaper and sound better. take a look at the british customs predators and/or the sleepers. both are awesome and about 1/2 of what the arrows are. you could get either exhaust and get the airbox removal kit and dyno it and probably still have a few pennies in your purse!

hankmarx

750cc
Being a young man of 20, I would urge you to find a low miles, used bike for half that price.

I do not know if 10,750 is a good price. Check multiple dealers.

Dunic

moped
Figured. That's why I posted this in the first place. I knew the msrp and all that. Dealers are shady shady men. :( Should I just get myself a Bonneville black with the scrambler seat and all that? Green is so sexy though :/

Last edited:

Dunic

moped
Thanks for the concern, but I've been riding a GSXR 600 since I was 16 and dirtbikes my whole life before then. Looking for something slower where the lady friend will be much more willing to get on the back.

strokerlmt

Then the Bonneville is a great bike. Someone said and I sort of agree...there are a lot of very nice used Bonnevilles out there. I once purchased a bike 1500 miles away. The seller took it to a dealer who checked the bike out...then shipped it to me. The payment went thru the dealer. I think shipping and the ck up was $475. Just a thought.
LMT

loxpump

Rocker
Buying used is a great way to let someone else eat the initial depreciation. I bought 2 used and never regretted either one of them. You just don't get a warranty, and to some that's maybe worth the price.

Nick Morey

Rocker
If you were to buy a bike, then add the Arrow exhaust you would pay more than that dealer is selling it for. Food for thought.

tbirdsp

Scooter
Buying used is a great way to let someone else eat the initial depreciation. I bought 2 used and never regretted either one of them. You just don't get a warranty, and to some that's maybe worth the price.

I found a used '09 with only 276 miles on it. Paid over $1000 less than a new one would have been, plus I still got a year of warranty left:)

tbirdsp

Scooter
+ no sales taxes, dip shit fees etc. I hate sales taxes.......
LMT

Really? No sales tax on used stuff in Cali?

Here in Nebraska you pay sales tax AND personal property tax! It's paid when you title/register the bike in your name. Plus you pay property tax based on Blue Book value every year when you renew the plates. It sucks.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
So, finally found myself a nice 2010 sexy green Bonneville t100! It has an arrow 2 in 2 exhaust on it ....

Just curious if this is a Triumph Demo Bike? I just bought a 2010 Scramber Demo. The reason I ask is because the deal Triumph works out with dealer is lower than MSRP. Basically I got my new bike (with 97 miles on it) Arrow 2into 1 for $8300 OTD. If it is a demo then there is no set up or freight fees. Perhaps the dealer is taking advantage you may not know this. Triumph just allowed the dealers to sell the 2010 demo bikes as of last month.