Bonneville color schemes

strokerlmt

I know this must have been discussed in the past but Koifarm and I were chatting on another thread and I didn't want to mess with Arkwright and his quest for a new Bonneville.
Koifarm we were talking about the green/cream Bonneville color scheme and you thinking about gold instead of cream. My thought is a gold swoosh the same size as std cream would be overpowering. You would also have to make the gold color mild or satin. I think if you used a swoosh 20% the size of normal and used a bright gold it would look cool. Same for the side car.
As far as Greenwood Green and British Racing Green.....I was told...told...so don't have hard research that Brit Race Green is a color "on its own". That oyu can purchase the exact shade in the UK. (I'm looking for comments from readers).
Hey group.......I need a project.....I would really appreciate open and honest remarks. I am thinking about having a friend in the UK get me some British Racing Green paint and doing my NH big tank, instrument cups, light bucket and brackets, fenders, side panels and RICOR rear shock springs in BRG. The front forks would be polished.
What do you think ??????????????????????
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpg
    IMG_0971.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 0

northcountry

Two Stroke
green

Always liked the cream and green, like the old timey gas and wood stoves. Think the brit racing green and gold would work well. Standox (euro) paint has a usa distributor in Plymouth Michigan. Might check it out.

menzies

Scooter
Gold

I have an unopened pint of the Aztec Gold from an 03' Bonnie that I had. If you are interested let me know.

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
I am thinking about having a friend in the UK get me some British Racing Green paint and doing my NH big tank, instrument cups, light bucket and brackets, fenders, side panels and RICOR rear shock springs in BRG. The front forks would be polished.
What do you think ??????????????????????

I'm a big fan of BRG, but you don't have to go to the UK to get the paint. I had a good friend who paints custom bikes shoot my street tracker in BRG (the bike is currently on ebay - 23 photos there).

ST11.jpg

Nick Morey

Rocker
Fyi

Goodwood Green/Aztec Gold...2003-2004

DSCN0307.jpg

Forest Green/New England White...2008-present

09bonnevilleT100.jpg

British Racing Green: click here

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
BRG,uh,no thanks,looks flat. Goodwood green with some bass boat gold or silver flaked or gold/silver leaf graphics or flames,thats my vote.

Bongo111

Scooter
With the Goodwood green / Aztec gold combination, the gold seems to clash with the silver on the cam-covers IMO. Plus, it's maybe a colour scheme more suited to a senior rider than a rocker ! LOL
Deffo cream/white or silver with the green as a better combo.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
There really isn't a factory color combo over the years on the new bonny I don't like. :)

I agree with this completely; the Bonnie color combinations have always been real classy. Of course the Tangerine and white sets the bar for all of the others :D

KingBear

Hooligan
Yeah, the Creamsicle is an acquired taste and a lot of people never learn to like it. I was tempted by it from the beginning but opted for the black & red, one of my favorite color combos and, as it happens, my employer's colors as well. :)

Flaco

750cc
Well, I am partial to green as my Goodwood Green is fairly close to BRG...
However hands down Chris's BRG matches my old '67 MGB-GT to a T!!!
Love his paint job!
When and if I get the dead presidents mine will be BRG...
I do like the tribute name of Goodwood Green to the Goodwood Revival though!
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/motorsport/photos-and-videos/videos/motorsport-videos.aspx
Oops! Not a direct link to the video I mention, so click on the Featured Video
"Experience Revival" in the top center of the page posted!
Turn up your speakers and pay close attention to time line 00:56!
Damn! Vintage Auto's, Motorcycles, Aircraft, Racing, Ladies, Food and Booze all in one place! Shit! I would be in heaven to be able to attend!
Think I'll keep the Goodwood green color!
Karma! Then maybe I can go someday!

Bigted

Two Stroke
I'm a big fan of BRG, but you don't have to go to the UK to get the paint. I had a good friend who paints custom bikes shoot my street tracker in BRG (the bike is currently on ebay - 23 photos there).

ST11.jpg

Nice! I'm a big fan of the BRG. The badge works.

Bigted

Two Stroke
BRG,uh,no thanks,looks flat. Goodwood green with some bass boat gold or silver flaked or gold/silver leaf graphics or flames,thats my vote.

I believe its supposed to look flat coming from a time when they didn't have metalic paint. Looks authentic to me.

ST11.jpg

Thats noice, didnt think there were many BRG fans, now to be proved wrong.
sure many paint manufacturers are able to duplicate. e.g. ICI, pinchin and johnson and so forth. here is ICI number used on a lotus car
ICI P030 2854
MG's and many other car makers use the colour BUT as you may be aware, slightly different shades may exist. used in motorsport, kit car builders and so on.
that was my 10p's worth. always fun finding out :cheers:
Steve
Bury St. Edmunds
UK

Bonnie SE