Bonne SE upgrade complete...I think!

Hello Group,
I really do enjoy my 2010 Bonneville SE, but it did not seem to be as quick as I remember my 1961 Bonne being. Someone pointed out that I am 85 lbs. heavier than my 1961 weight of 145 lbs. So, I either had to lose 85 lbs. or upgrade the power on my Bonne. At age 74, I am not likely to see my weight below 200 lbs. no matter what I do.

Paul Runion of Speyside Moto in Titusville, FL took care of all that I wanted done. Full race: head, cam, exhaust, pistons, power program, steering damper, shocks and front fork springs. The horse power went from 58 HP to 85 HP and the bike is a hoot to ride now.

Yes, I could have gotten the power for less, buy trading in my beloved Bonne for a sport bike. However, I wanted the classic Bonne look.
The increase in power now tries to pull the handlebar grips out of my hands, when I turn it up. The sound is fantastic with the rumbling cam causing the engine to lope at idle and pipes screaming not unlike a high speed ocean going race boat. The only thing that lets anyone know what has been done, is that the rear shocks look different, along with the hi-tech looking pipes. Of course the sound says a lot too. I got just what I wanted in my classic Bonne platform.

I will continue to ride this Bonne for as long as I can. When I can no longer stay up on two wheels, I will buy a hot rod rag top and keep going.
Best,
Steven

rbirkey

NBRAdmin
Staff member
Steven,

The Bonnie sounds like a real hot bike! I completely understand the desire to ride a hot bike that looks like a classic - instead of a modern sport bike. Would love to see some photos of the finished product when you can share them.