BMW's new retro

It's not really a retro bike though, is it? I don't see retro at all. It's a completely modern interpretation of the classic R boxers.

Probably the best "all-around" motorcycle any company's made in 10 years or so. Really since the Bonneville. This blows our bikes out of the water though. Lot's of tech and development.

I'm happy to say I've made a deposit.

squidsix

Scooter
Yup. Not retro, but pretty cool.
I'll give them this: They build a great machine, but NOT, in my opinion, as pretty as a Bonneville.

drlapo

Hooligan
Moto Guzzi Griso meets Speed Triple

my local dealer says <$16000
will be $1000 less than the R1200R

Last edited:

beemerrich

Street Tracker
That's not retro .. that's a direct knock off .. err .. competitor to a Ducati Monster.

Now if BMW would get with the program and get rid of that round headlight...NOT! :)

The round headlight and spoked wheels styling cues are retro - but only to the point where they make it look like a real motorcycle. As the OP knows from that other forum, this is the first BMW I'd consider swinging a leg over since BMW quit making airheads.

So many bikes, so little time (or money)...

Cheers,

--Rich

D9

Vendor
DAMN nice... it's about time BMW! I'd have it...
BMW_R_Nine_T-04.jpg

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/the_new_bmw_r_nine_t/photo_03.html

Last edited:

MOSES

750cc
I like it. Not retro but still a very slick bike ! Hey, I looks like it has a Thruxton seat and cowl on it ! LOL

Good move for BMW motorcycles to broaden there lineup a little.

j.mac

Scooter
The bmw is a very nice bike indeed, retro with modern tec. I had a r850r and was a good bike, then a gs 1200 good bike but the gear box was rubbish can't stand riding it in the end. I think its time Triumph did a 1200 with up side down forks. I was just saying to the sister in law in bed last night I would have one straight away lol. Me triumph scrambler and tiger 800

Last edited:

Mr.Noisy

Scooter
Yes I have. It's always put me off them. They look ok on an adventure bike with engine bars, but on a bike that in my opinion should be sleek, they seem to jut out...