Bluehue exhaust...

Marker

Scooter
The old man whats a Thruxton really bad, possibly the last bike he owns before he starts to build his plane. I was looking at one at Motoprimo in Lakeville Minnesota and i noticed the pipes were of a blueish hue. The dealer told me that its normal and triumph likes the look of that on their bikes.

Doesn't that usually mean they blew the pipes to hot? i don't belive they like it like that for one moment. So my question is, do your pipes look nice and shiny or dull and blueish?

MattRat

TT Racer
Good God I hope this is the last ever Blue Pipes thread!

(mine are ceramic coated black - suck on that.)

Bonafide, I hereby move that the next guy who whines about blue pipes be immediately banned!

Dawgone

Two Stroke
They Don't have to Be Blue !

If you remove the AI prior to running the motor & bump the mains a little, you can have a nice Golden Color to the headers. Admittedly you gotta run it a bit on the rich side of max performance to keep 'em that way.

drlapo

Hooligan
clean off the blue with "Blue Away" then remove thee pipes clean the interior with easyoff oven cleaner then coat the inside of the pipes with either high heat paint or that pipe coating stuff
it works

Bonafide

NBR founder
Bonafide, I hereby move that the next guy who whines about blue pipes be immediately banned!

Um ... I dont know if he was whining so much as asking if what the dealer said is a true statement.

Marker - it's normal. It's so normal, that it's hard to find a Triumph Twin without the blue header pipes. 3 Bonnies and a Thrux in the garage ... all blue. All different shades of blue .. but still all blue.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
The bluer the better I say. And for what it's worth, I am giving the finger to the dirt, and the picture taker, NOT the blue pipes. Have about 4200kms on the bike in this pic. BC Pred Performance package installed at 1000kms.

Attachments

• DSCF0056.jpg
    DSCF0056.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
The bluer the better I say. And for what it's worth, I am giving the finger to Hedge, not the picture taker, and NOT the blue pipes. Have about 4200kms on the bike in this pic. BC Pred Performance package installed at 1000kms.

fixed it for you. :D

IronButtJack

Scooter
The old man whats a Thruxton really bad, possibly the last bike he owns before he starts to build his plane. I was looking at one at Motoprimo in Lakeville Minnesota and i noticed the pipes were of a blueish hue. The dealer told me that its normal and triumph likes the look of that on their bikes.

Doesn't that usually mean they blew the pipes to hot? i don't belive they like it like that for one moment. So my question is, do your pipes look nice and shiny or dull and blueish?

Short answer is "Yes". But it doesn't matter anyway. It's common with Triumphs and is one of the characteristic looks of the bike.

- Brad

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Any air cooled bike that doesn't have a double walled pipe will blue up. I love my pipes being blue.

Used to have an old Harley that had pipes that glowed red when it was dark enough.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Any air cooled bike that doesn't have a double walled pipe will blue up. I love my pipes being blue.

Used to have an old Harley that had pipes that glowed red when it was dark enough.

I read this on TRN, and it's true for Bonnies. If your lighter ever runs out of fluid, you can lite a smoke on your hot pipes.

Marker

Scooter
Um ... I dont know if he was whining so much as asking if what the dealer said is a true statement.

Marker - it's normal. It's so normal, that it's hard to find a Triumph Twin without the blue header pipes. 3 Bonnies and a Thrux in the garage ... all blue. All different shades of blue .. but still all blue.

hahaha, yeah, wasn't complaining. But if i was ever going to get one for the old man, i wanted to make sure thats how it really is on the bike. i don't find it a bad thing, i was just curious if it was normal. that is all.

I didn't realized this was a common topic, I own a street triple and have little experience with Triumph twins.

Dawgone

Two Stroke
I didn't realized this was a common topic, I own a street triple and have little experience with Triumph twins..

If your Streets head pipes look anything like my Speedy's head pipes, the Blue on my Thruxston looks way better, good thing the Speedy's got that huge ass radiator to hide it!

Stagger Lee

Street Tracker
I'm guessing that the speedmaster 07 i have is double skinned exhaust because I have no bluing even after putting on the TORS mufflers.

I thought that the bluing was as a result of messing with the airbox, jetting or AI? anyhow it is a feature I don't' like.

Back!nBlack

Two Stroke
I was listening to the service manager at Capitol Triumph in Raleigh telling a new buyer that hard core Triumph riders look at it as a badge of honor - harder you ride the bluer they get.