bike misfires @ lower throttle after ARK

ivar

TT Racer
Installed the TPUSA powerpack with pipes+ARK. Bike didn't run properly at lower throttle openings afterwards, which I attributed to being lean in the low 40 temps.

Rejetted carbs to 145's and put in the NB mixture screws. Already had 42 pilots in it. Yesterday I put in thrux needles , no change.

Took the bike for a longer spin today, and turns out its misfiring on the right jug. Eventually cleans out when gunning it and pulls hard on top.

Symptoms resemble those when my coil went south last year, one of the secondary windings shorted out. (Replaced with a PVL coil, supposedly the same as Nology sells. Got one spare I can try)

Any tips to what I may have botchered up?

mikenva

Rocker
if you dont have any shims on the niddle try one .make sure you dont have any vac leaks (vac caps carb rubbers ,vac hoses)

ivar

TT Racer
thanks,
no shims but swapped from stock 02 needles to thux needles with almost no change.
Replaced the vac caps with the supplied hoses from the kit, but I'll gonna double check that they fit securely

ivar

TT Racer
found this small brass thingamahjingy layin' on the engine block...: looks like the needle jet..! DOH!

P6240102.JPG

Last edited: