Big shocks.

ricky

Street Tracker
Well I hope I didn't screw up.
I just pulled the trigger on a new pair of Progressive Suspension 412 American Tuned Shocks that are 14.25". Kinda tall? They are the same length as those on a Scrambler though.
Will I be OK????
:chin:

Last edited:

ricky

Street Tracker
I just ripped this from Progressive Suspensions web site:
STOCK LENGTH
2006 Bonneville = 13.5"
2006 Scrambler = 14.25"
2006 Thruxton = 14.30"
2006 Bonneville America = 12.5"

Bonafide

NBR founder
Guess it depends on what you're wanting out of your Bonnie. My silver bonnie and GF's bonnie black both have Thrux/Scram length rear shocks - it increases ride height and reduces peg scrapin.

ricky

Street Tracker
Guess it depends on what you're wanting out of your Bonnie. My silver bonnie and GF's bonnie black both have Thrux/Scram length rear shocks - it increases ride height and reduces peg scrapin.

Well, that is what I wanted but I was just being on the cautious side.

Now to get me some of them Sonic front spring thingies. :D

D9

Vendor

That's an upgrade I'll be looking to do then... what shocks you running btw?
I've got Hagons currently... inexpensive and noticeable improvement over the stock units.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Just installed some kawasaki kz shocks on my bonnie which came off a thrux. They are a bit taller, even My centerstand still works, but I can't spin the rear wheel. No biggie. I look forward to getting them dialed in.

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I put a set of Thruxton-length Ohlins Type 36PL's on my Bonneville, and they are killer. I am 6' but have an inseam of 31", so I have to tiptoe a little at times (tight jeans) with the new shocks but they feel great -- nice and sporty. The shocks I mean. Not the jeans.

DSC00496.jpg

RonD

Scooter
I thing maybe another advantage would be lighter steering, but i am not sure that the height raised by the shocks would be enough to do it?

Gee all you guys going longer.
I went the opposite direction and cut down a set of stock shocks I got for
$50.00 bucks.
I love it , I cut them down 1" and she feels much better.
I even like the way she handles more, although I do scrape the pegs more often but, not bad.
I only have a 30" inseam and I can now sit flat footed.
I have another set of Ikons I think that is what they are that I am going
to try and cut down even more. May be 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" shorter.

Bill
Picture-1.jpg