best compliment ever!!

Craigore

TT Racer
The sportsters are a dime a dozen and you can buy them semi-cheap. I have a Harley already (old 51 hydaglide panhead)- I'm no Harley hater. Sportster bobbers are hottt

T

ttbonnie

dito, no matter where i go every one looks at her. i love sittin outside a pub or a coffe shop and watch not only the looks but the stop and stares for 5 minutes. i grew up on bonneilles ( my first was a 65 and it 30 yrs old at the time) you just cant beat the lines of good ol british iron. in the words of my buddy's dad.. it aint how fast you get there, its how you get there. needless to say i go pretty fast (yeah friken photo radar- got flashed sat night) its always kool to get an action photo.. :D

nigel

Scooter
Yeah it's the same here, just last week a car pulled up next to me at a stoplight the driver a man in his 60's said "nice bike,what year is it" he was suprised when I told him it's a 2001, then a new Thruxton pulled up between us, the car driver was thrilled.
The lights changed to green,the Thruxton got the jump on me and I chased it, great fun like being 19 again.

jewel

Scooter
I was sitting at the traffic lights on my 02 when a gentleman and his partner pulled up beside me in a beautiful Rolls Royce. "Wow, they must have a bit of dough I thought", but the next thing I know the man smiled at me and said "I know what I would rather be doing". Made my day:)

Julie

KingBear

Hooligan
I got a bit nervous when I spotted a cop pacing me a car's length behind. At the light he pulled uo next to me and, well... you know! :D

jewel

Scooter
I was waiting for the lights to change and happened to be outside a Yamaha delearship when I glanced over and saw the saleswomen - a young girl - and a customer watching me & hubby, he on his 69 bonnie and me on my 02. They all gave us the thumbs up - makes you feel proud doesn't it?

Jewel :)

Easy13

Street Tracker
I ride with a group, the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association(CVMA), and while there are alot of different bikes, it's mostly Harleys and some metric cruisers.

We went to a POW/MIA monument dedication with maybe 400 bikes in attendance. After the ceremony everyone was just hanging around and it sort of turned into a bike show. Mine was the only Bonneville there and it was surrounded. People took pictures of it, and if I drifted over to it I got all sorts of questions and comments. The best was the looks from the old vets that came to the dedication. They were thanking us for attending and remembering their (and our) missing brothers and a few also threw in "and thanks for bringing that Bonneville. Sure stirred up some memories..."

That was the best, so far.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Got stopped by a guy in his Range Rover yesterday to give me thumbs up and to tell me that he used to have one just like mine "back in the day". I get a ton of compliments of my Bonnie but feel like most old men are disappointed when they find out it's not a "classic". Anyone else ever get that?

koifarm

Hooligan
it is funny about the "classic" look, I think lots of folks really want it to be an "oldie" so they can reminisce about ones in their past....I kind of look at women that way....

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I was taking on fuel the other day when two Hell's Angels rode by, circled around and stopped next to me, as they were looking at my Bonnie, one of them said "nice bike, what year?" I told him it was a 2009 and the other said "2009, I didn't even know they were building them again, really nice bike"
I was about to leave when a man in a pickup drove over and asked if I had restored it? Sometimes it is a pain but it's all part of motorcycling on a legend, I guess.
OTOH- I've only had one guy walk up and tell me he didn't like the bend in the exhaust and that's why he would never own a new one. It does seems Triumph was listening to those types of complaints for 2010 when they brought out the straight upturned pipes or mag wheels for the riders that don't care for tube type tires.