Been Gone Awhile

britman

Scooter
Guys since I sold my last Scrambler I have been somewhat remiss on a the twin sites. I know a couple of you guys do mess around with the vintage machines so I thought I would throw up a couple of shots of my latest addition much to my Wife's displeasure. It is a numbers matching Triumph 1964 TR6R. The PO parked it in a shed after a parking lot accident which left it in the condition you see in the first shot. It sat for about five years until rescued by a sucker and like me and brought home. The bike had just a fresh rebuild prior to the accident and after allot of flushing, cussing, and new fluids came back to life with a passion. Paint is next on the agenda and the old girl is back on the road and running great. Of course the check book is allot lighter also........

Roger

Street Tracker
Those are good looking bikes. And you wonder why the retros are popular. Yup, nice find!

Flaco

750cc
BM,
I used to own a '65 TR5...
Shoot! I loved that 'ol bike!
Have fun as I know you will!
Flaco...

britman

Scooter
Thanks Guys

I rolled into the bed of my pick up for $2800 but so far I am thinking I got a pretty good deal. Runs great and a compression test shows it must have been rebuilt sometime recently. Leaning toward a cream and green paint scheme but the decision will be made when the cold weather hits which is way too soon. Where in the hell did summer go?????????

britman

Scooter
What Now

Finished bolting the tank on today, couple little minor fixes left but overall I am very satisfied. Still some winter left so maybe I will try and track down another Scrambler. Anybody got the number of a good divorce attorney, if I bring home one more I'll be needing one. Safe riding guys.....

britman

Scooter
Thanks All

I appreciate the kind comments. This project also helped me with weight loss this winter, the checkbook is a hell of a lot lighter.

mtnbandit

Scooter
1964 tr6

BM, that's the exact bike I was wanting way back in 1964, right down to the color and the rack on the tank. All this time I thought it was a Bonneville.
I got a 64, 750 Norton Atlas instead, because the Triumph was $100 more and just out of my reach.
You did a fine job on a great motorcycle.
Should you have to sell it to pay your divorce attorney give me a holler.
Brent

Socketman66

Scooter
Great job on making that thing shine. She looks better than new. I hope that my 1970 RE Interceptor looks as nice when it's done. Happy riding on your Trumpet this summer.
Cheers.