Barkbusters Storm handguards?

Oh anyone tried these yet, just saw them on Twistedthrottle.com

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4880/528/

Might just be for rain and wind since they don't attach at the end of the handle bars. Still, kind of interesting. This is the first one I've seen that would fit though without mods.

There are actually two models in the Storm range of Barkbusters. One type has a bar end ftting and the other type has the mounting arm bolting to the bars just inboard or the lever brackets. Choose which ever type suits the particular application. I have a set of Storm hanguards with the 'inboard' mounts fitted to our Tiger 1050 and they work very well but... they are only 'storm' guards, not hand protectors in the sense of the normal Barkbusters. Aussie riders can find these at http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/catalog.php?category=Ego Barkbusters

scolepdx

Scooter
I sent an email to Barkbusters, just thought I would post the reply I got.

Many thanks for your email and interest in Barkbusters products.

We have only had experience of the S1 with the Triumph Scrambler via our distributor in the USA - Twisted Throttle.

Other options that might possibly fit are:

1. VPS - product code BHG1 plus standard mounting kit - BSC STD

2. Storm with VPS aluminium backbone - product code S4 plus BSC STD mounting kit as above

3. Storm with single bar end mount - product code S5

As I said, these might fit but I can't say for sure having never tested them on that model.

All of the above are on the website so you can easily check for more detailed information. I definitely suggest contacting
Twisted Throttle regarding prices and ordering. Also they may have additional experience with the Scrambler.
Their website is www.twistedthrottle.com.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Steve Rix
International Sales Manager
Rideworx Pty Ltd

Boofhead

Banned
There are actually two models in the Storm range of Barkbusters. One type has a bar end ftting and the other type has the mounting arm bolting to the bars just inboard or the lever brackets. Choose which ever type suits the particular application. I have a set of Storm hanguards with the 'inboard' mounts fitted to our Tiger 1050 and they work very well but... they are only 'storm' guards, not hand protectors in the sense of the normal Barkbusters. Aussie riders can find these at http://www.aussiebiker.com.au/catalog.php?category=Ego Barkbusters

Hi ya Dave ,post up a pic of your chook chaser , it looks and sounds great
From your local postie :wave:

I just noticed you have in the next thread

Last edited:
Hi Boof, good to see you posting here!

Regarding the Barkbusters, we fitted a set to the Scram but we had to machine up some handlebar inserts then drill out the steel handlebar plugs and retap them to 8mm in order to connect the Barkbusters to the handlebar ends. The inboard end of the barkbusters attach to the handlebars using the regular Barkbuster clamps. This attachment at the bar end is way more rigid than the standard Barkbuster attachment method so the extra effort we went to to fit them was worth the trouble IMO.

Scrambler008-1.jpg

Scrambler007-1.jpg

Last edited:

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Removing handlebar plugs?

I've got a set of Maier handguards which will also attach through the hadlebar end with a larger bolt than the stock bar weight uses. (Probably 8mm although I didn't check it yet.)

Is there an easy way to remove the stock handlebar plug, or is the best method to drill out to proper size and tap the existing plug for the new bolt?

Thanks.

Joe

Triumph's hanguards for the tiger are $80 - $85 delivered (inflation!) and they work well on the Scrambler. Better for blocking the wind/rain than crashing, but will do both. Unfortunately, like most hanguards they're dog ugly!

AissieBikerDave, I really like the look of the Barkbusters you've adapted for your Scram - look really solid! I'd ideally like to find a combo that has the strength of yours with the wind/rain blocking of the Triumph Tiger's guards.

IMG_3192.jpg

EncoreJoe

Scooter
Bending the handguard support to fit

I'm still thinking about the installation of Maier handguards on my Scrambler, and haven't broken or torn up anything yet :)

I need to bend the end of the guard about 15 degrees out in order to fit the handlebar clamp at the inboard handlebar side at the correct angle.

I tried bending them last night in a vice with leverage and hammer and those bars are tough! I didn't want to put a bunch of force on it and break it so I left it alone for the moment.

Would adding heat help? Anyone know how much and how long to heat this in order to bend without breaking?

Your input is appreciated, thanks!

Joe

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Joe,

I picked up a pair of Maier handguards to fit to my Scrambler. I could get them on, but the fit was never perfect. Thought about it for a while and ordered a pair of Zeta handguards. They fit excellent.

Here are the Maier I had:
mai_07_59525.jpg

Here are the Zeta:
image.jpg

Here is a write up about the Zeta from WebBikeWorld: LINK

EncoreJoe

Scooter
The Zeta's look great - thanks!

Since I have the Maier stuff already I might be able to use those replacement clamps that swivel to make things fit and not have to bend the Maier guard bar.

That's a pity - I was all ready to heat them up in my lead casting pot and get out the big hammer!

Where did you pick your Zeta guards up at?

Joe

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
The Zeta's look great - thanks!

Since I have the Maier stuff already I might be able to use those replacement clamps that swivel to make things fit and not have to bend the Maier guard bar.

That's a pity - I was all ready to heat them up in my lead casting pot and get out the big hammer!

Where did you pick your Zeta guards up at?

Joe

I got the Zeta guards HERE Best price I found.

Last edited: