Barber Motorsports Vintage Bike days.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Barber Vintage Days - anyone going over besides Bonafide and myself? I think I got an email from 04blackbonnie a while back saying he was going, and I know a pile of the NTBF forum guys will show up. Any one else from here? If you've never been - go - this facility and museum are truely not to be missed. Lots of vintage bikes and parts at the swapmeet, lots of vintage bikes racing, and then theres the museum too.

I went last year and it was incredible. Everything about that facility is top notch. There's nothing like hearing motorcycles from across the last 100+ years screaming around a world-class (IMO) track all weekend. And the museum! What can be said about a collection of over 900 pieces of motorcycling history, the majority of which still run?
Unfortunately I'm not able to make it this year, which is just killing me. I'll have to settle on living vicariously through you, so TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES! I'll be expecting an entire thread dedicated to pics from the event.

DandyDoug

750cc
Leaving NC. Thurs morning, going to take as many back roads as I can .

Plan to stay around Dahlonega, GA. the first night and get to the track Fri. for the weekend.

If the weather is decent I might shoot over a bit farther west and ride the Natchez Trace, or I have heard a rumor there are some good places in AL. something called the Alabama gorge ?? Anyone know about this place ??

Bonafide

NBR founder
Gonna post up some pics taken on Sunday ...

1. The Triumph display
2. a 2001 Bonnie parked on the roadside
3. a schweet cafe'd Norton on the roadside
4. a cafe'd Honda 400 in the Vintage Japanese area
5. a pair of Kawa 900s
6. a CB750 that was ridden in from Orlando, Fla
7. a CB750 from Canada
8. a 2006 Tang/Opal loaded for bear.

Attachments

• IMG_1908_1.jpg
    IMG_1908_1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1917_1.jpg
    IMG_1917_1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1915_1.jpg
    IMG_1915_1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1914_1.jpg
    IMG_1914_1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1913_1.jpg
    IMG_1913_1.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1911_1.jpg
    IMG_1911_1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1910_1.jpg
    IMG_1910_1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1909_1.jpg
    IMG_1909_1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
more pics ...

1. Bultaco!!
2. flat trackin a Norton .. and a BSA in the background.
3. the left side ... Guzzi
4. the right side of same Guzzi
5. Looks in better in person
6. Matchless !!!
7. a simply perfect Vincent - that was ridden around much of the day.
8. Dead dig, no bump, on a heads-up tree.

Attachments

• IMG_1927_1.jpg
    IMG_1927_1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1926_1.jpg
    IMG_1926_1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1924_1.jpg
    IMG_1924_1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1923_1.jpg
    IMG_1923_1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1922_1.jpg
    IMG_1922_1.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1921_1.jpg
    IMG_1921_1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1920_1.jpg
    IMG_1920_1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1919_1.jpg
    IMG_1919_1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
last ones ..

1. a very pretty Bonnie
2. a cafe'd Bonnie
3. dirt ready BSA
4. a silver jubilee
5. the Mission Impossible scrambled Bonnie. It had 5 miles on it.
6. a flat tracked Hinckley
7. dunno this goober, but never get your custom fitted earplugs done when I'm walking by with a camera. Needless to say, he wasnt happy with me laughing while snappin a pic. HA!

Attachments

• IMG_1934_1.jpg
    IMG_1934_1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1933_1.jpg
    IMG_1933_1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1932_1.jpg
    IMG_1932_1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1930_1.jpg
    IMG_1930_1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1929_1.jpg
    IMG_1929_1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1928_1.jpg
    IMG_1928_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1935_1.jpg
    IMG_1935_1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
Great pics! Did they redo the motocross track this year? Last year it was just on a grassy hill, and I know they had talked about making it bit more interesting this year.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Great pics! Did they redo the motocross track this year? Last year it was just on a grassy hill, and I know they had talked about making it bit more interesting this year.

didnt go back there. It was all the way on the far end of the track. after the rain storm on Friday ... I figured it was gonna be a sloppy pig pen mess. The regular parking was and it was just from normal use. I can only imagine what the offroad course looked like.

Jbird77

Scooter
FL

I'll be riding up from Sarasota,Fl. with a couple guys and know a few who will be trailering up from Fl.:rock::rock::rock:

DandyDoug

750cc
October 9 -- 11.

I'll be there but am not sure if I'm riding over or going in a car. A local guy I know may get a motor in his pickup by then and we might take bikes along in the bed.

The only way I'm riding again this year is if the weather is perfect !

Thought I was going to drown last year, heavy rain for two days followed by 38 degree cold on the way home. The time at Barber was great and the weather there was good, but the trip both ways was miserable.

simpson

TT Racer
Can't make it this year...I have my son that weekend and he still can't ride a Bonnie, or any motorcycle, safely enough to trust him on the superslab.

*of course he is only 3 years old*

-simpson

TonUp

Street Tracker
Vintage Days!

I will be there,

Riding from Vermont. Meeting Lovel & Bonniegirl my hosts for the event there. We will be Partying Bennington Bash Style.

I did rip NC, TN and WV roads this past July, awesome roads. Getting close to 20K miles for the year. Been out riding a lot. Miss chatting with you folks here.

Riding my Triumph Speed Triple today to the VT BMW Breakfast. I will try to behave, not! :)

Track days this year were incredible, moved to the ADVANCED level, Sweet!

BARBER here I come! Who else???

Ton Up!

I will be there,

Riding from Vermont. Meeting Lovel & Bonniegirl my hosts for the event there. We will be Partying Bennington Bash Style.

I did rip NC, TN and WV roads this past July, awesome roads. Getting close to 20K miles for the year. Been out riding a lot. Miss chatting with you folks here.

Riding my Triumph Speed Triple today to the VT BMW Breakfast. I will try to behave, not! :)

Track days this year were incredible, moved to the ADVANCED level, Sweet!

BARBER here I come! Who else???

Ton Up!

It was good seeing you guys there Tito. How'd the new squeeze work out?

IMG_1532.jpg

TonUp

Street Tracker
Cheers!

It was good seeing you guys there Tito. How'd the new squeeze work out?

IMG_1532.jpg

EXCELLENT

Got engaged Xmas Eve! I ride back from NC in 16.5 hours 969 miles! Sweet long ride!

We miss you at the BASH site getting ready to do it again, hope to see you again soon!

Tito

Ton Up

congrats!

Congratulations on your engagement. I asked Elise to marry me this past March - it must be in the air. See you at Bennington...