Bar end mirrors.

ricky

Street Tracker
I did the search and wound up empty.
Is anyone here using bar end mirrors on their Bonnie?
Any pix appreciated.

six by six

Two Stroke
Dude, do a search on napoleon or handlebars. A lot of people use napoleon mirrors, there are some threads about mirrycle bicycle mirrors. I found that enfieldmotorcycles.com has some nice looking ones for cheap that I'm looking at getting. I don't have any pictures sorry.

ricky

Street Tracker
Thanks, that worked.
I must be tired. I didn't even think of searching for napoleons.

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Not a great pic since I took it to show the ped slicer, but I don't have many here at work.

I like mine, but they vibrate badly at speed. Look cool, but not so useful. I don't really care that much tho.

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

ricky

Street Tracker
Ricky, were you just wanting to see the Napoleons? I have Rizomas and CRGs on our Bonnies.

I found some pictures, thanks.

I've used Napoleons before and I don't remember them vibrating as much as people have said here.

From the pictures I've looked at they don't look too bad on a Bonnie. :c

Not a great pic since I took it to show the ped slicer, but I don't have many here at work.

I like mine, but they vibrate badly at speed. Look cool, but not so useful. I don't really care that much tho.

WTF is that hideously gay yellow thing in the garage?

BIR_sg_pic_Big_Lebowski1.jpg

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
i have the same one in chrome on my thrux and they do the same, cant really see outta them but they look sweet

I recently got the chrome napoleons from Newbonneville and they definitely vibrate. There is a screw on the arm that controls the tension for being able to flip them in or out so I tightened it until I couldn't flip them and then backed it off gradually until I was able to flip again hoping to increase the tension as much as possible and minimize the vibration. It helped a bit but they still vibrate.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I had the same buzzy problem with mine - it helped a bit to add weight to the bars with some lead. Even then they were less than useful.

Hedge had a nice detailed post on how to adapt the Naps to the 1" bars we've got that he claims made the vibration go away. I've yet to try it. I'm back to the stockers now, but will probably bust out with some M bars w/o bar ends, put in the "star fangled nut" to mount the Naps to, and add a barsnake for the vibes, one of these days.

Skeeter

Rocker
There is a screw on the arm that controls the tension for being able to flip them in or out so I tightened it until I couldn't flip them and then backed it off gradually until I was able to flip again hoping to increase the tension as much as possible and minimize the vibration. It helped a bit but they still vibrate.

yea thats what i did. still a bit of blurry-ness but im able to still see stuff just not as well as the stocks. i cant see the poeple in the cars behind me know, just that there is a car behind me

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
"WTF is that hideously gay yellow thing in the garage? "

Haha! Yea, my manhood took a bit of a hit when I bought that, not to mention I instantly became 20 yrs older. But honestly, the best bike I've ever had.

drlapo

Hooligan
try substituting the inside the bar metal screw thingy with a piece of rubber hose
put the bolt in the hose and the nut on the end of the bolt
when you tighten the bolt it wil exspand the hose inside the handlebar and tighten it

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
... but will probably bust out with some M bars w/o bar ends

I think the stock mirrors look OK once you go with the M bars. I had that setup for a while because the mirrors were back ordered for a long time.
autum7.jpg

When I first put my Napoleons on I had second thoughts about the switch because of the additional width but then got over it.

Skeeter

Rocker
my other problem is i have speigler 1inch riased clip ons on my thrux and i had to get my dad to machine the inside of the tubes on the clip ons to fit the bar end mirriors. i think puttin a little rubber o-ring willnt fix it. its just one of the things youll get once you do the bar end mirrors

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I think the stock mirrors look OK once you go with the M bars.

Yes, I agree - that's what I'm running right now. But my M bars have the bar ends and a buttload of lead in them so I cannot try the alternative mounting method. If I end up going with black bars, I'll probably try the Napoleons again. Until then, they sit in my garage along with some NB Superbars and a black and grey Union Jack tank cover and dream of having a bike to ride!!!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
For me the barends were a revalation. I always thought they looked cool, but now I know you see a ton more out of them... at least I do. I don't notice that they vibrate so it must not be that bad for me.:cheers: