JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
I finally recorded my Bafflectomy.

P7050789.jpg

Finished.

P7050794.jpg

Tools and removed parts.

P7050798.jpg

Tools, note the wood cut-out spaced with a small lockwasher to center the bit in the exhaust.

P7061028.jpg

The new sound and video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCK4oI6owlA

Jim :cool:

taw1126

Scooter
Didn't you have TORS on before, and Predators prior to that? How does the bafflectomy sound compared to the TORS?

Mine still sounds sewing-machine stock but my TORS should be here tomorrow.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Didn't you have TORS on before, and Predators prior to that? How does the bafflectomy sound compared to the TORS?

Mine still sounds sewing-machine stock but my TORS should be here tomorrow.

The Retro-Predators were loud, very loud, but ran great on the bike. The TORs were nearly as loud, but never worked as well. The Stockers with Baffelectomy is mid to low loudness with a nice slight bark, and run great on the bike.

My only complaint is right leg clearance. I might end up with a low pipe, unless the Arrow pipe has more clearance.

taw1126

Scooter
Did you make any changes to the jets or A/F ratio when switching between the exhausts?

The Arrow looks like it might snug into the bike more, and the BRM Shogun is advertised as being more comfortable on your leg. The heat gets to me every once in awhile but overall the high exhaust hasn't bothered me.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Did you make any changes to the jets or A/F ratio when switching between the exhausts?

The Arrow looks like it might snug into the bike more, and the BRM Shogun is advertised as being more comfortable on your leg. The heat gets to me every once in awhile but overall the high exhaust hasn't bothered me.

The bike came to me with the Predators on it, snorkle removed and K&N filter installed. The PO claims the dealer did the install and rejetted for the Predators. I assume it was jetted up richer, but it seems to work fine with the old jets in it, so until I can get a sniffer or dyno run, I will leave it as is. Runs fine so far.

The Arrow, especially the balck one, is sharp! Not sure about either of them as far as additional room. Might be looking at a low pipe, though I would prefer to keep the Scrambler look. All this is in the future, maybe this winter.