. . . .Back to School!

Hedge

American Infidel
or should I say Boot Camp? As many of you know I have been MIA since I was put back to work to do actual work since August. Well things are pretty much under control, so as part of my new discretionary bonus deal I have to become a Microsoft Certified System Administrator more commonly known as an MCSA which is one level below a Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), which is the top certification in my field. So as part of this new requirement, the boss is sending me to MCSE Boot Camp for 2 weeks starting next Sunday February 22nd to March 10th. The classes are every single day from 8am to 8pm with fully functional laboratory's to experiment different configuration scenarios. I have been studying for the last month using Microsoft Self-Paced Training Books. I have about 12 of them which are each about a 1000 pages long. I have finished 2 of them and am starting the 3rd one today which deals exclusively with Active Directory for server 2003. Our shop is a Virtual Server 2003 based company with about four Server 2008 Physical Host servers. So anyway, I'm just checking in for a few minutes to get caught up with you guys and then it is back to the books!

. . . .Oh yeah, I did I forget to mention that Microsoft setup this "State of the Art" Boot Camp - permanently at the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas?
Hedge:banana:

Last edited:

EDG1911

Street Tracker
. . . .Oh yeah, I did I forget to mention that Microsoft setup this "State of the Art" Boot Camp - permanently at the Flamingo Hotel in Vegas?
Hedge:banana:

Sounds like fun to me. Good luck.

2cqiqnk.jpg

cynr1023

TT Racer
short version = "blah, blah, blah, blah. I'm going to Vegas!"

With all due respect, Fuck OFF!!!!

that's the jealousy just talkin'. have a great time. hehe

T-boy

Rocker
Caller: My computer won't turn on.
Hedge: OK...Let's start at the beginning. Is it plugged in?
Caller: Plugged into what?
Hedge: The wall.
Caller: It didn't come with a wall.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
++1 on ya Tboy.

I'm barely able to get the things I want to work work on my ol macbook. I figure I'm about a generation or so behind the tech stuff. I used to think blackberries were something you ate. i actually like to use a cell phone to call people. I still think a handwritten letter is better than an e-mail.

HELL!!! I even like air cooled bikes with fins!!!:rocket:

ivar

TT Racer
Did have MCSA/MCSE on NT4, then, our company decided to wait on windows2000 and go right to 2003. So I never got around to keep the certifications current.

Now this week we're going virual too. VMware on HP 380's and with a IBM/NetAPP storage solution.

BTW Hedge, you'll gonna notice that on some of the questions they'll ask on the exams, you have to think "what would Microsoft do?" , not "What would I do"

Hedge

American Infidel
They are now adaptive so if you get a question wrong the computer program immediately sets focus on that area and starts to grill you. They also now have interactive simulation questions as well . . .
I just took my first mega dose of Ginkgo to begin the memory process!

BobM

Two Stroke
Hedge,
If you start have'n Bonnie withdrawls let me know, I'm only 4 miles from the Flamingo. I'll run mine down for you to take out, or we can head out to the desert and punch holes in paper and frozen chickens.

Last edited:

Hedge

American Infidel
Hedge,
If you start have'n Bonnie withdrawls let me know, I'm only 4 miles from the Flamingo. I'll run mine down for you to take out, or we can head out to the desert and punch holes in paper and frozen chickens.
Bob - thx for the offer! I'm going to be extremely busy every day that I'm there. However, perhaps we could meet up at night some time and maybe you can show me where to get some good off the beaten path eats! I'm a BBQ man myself! You can shoot me a PM with your cell and I'll call you if I actually have some down time. I know everyone is thinking that this is going to be some kind of joke but I'm really going to apply myself 100% while I'm there . . . as if my whole future depends on it; wait a minute, it does! :D

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Hedge - I took u for a Mac Man! :lol:

Have fun in Vegas mate.
The last time I was there was for an SoF convention....

I don't know if he's still going
but this Beauty drove me around to Chuck Traynor's store...
321615976_VfwPr-M.jpg

Worth a visit then...
321616117_GGkJw-S.jpg

aah memories ...

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Did have MCSA/MCSE on NT4, then, our company decided to wait on windows2000 and go right to 2003. So I never got around to keep the certifications current.

Now this week we're going virual too. VMware on HP 380's and with a IBM/NetAPP storage solution.

BTW Hedge, you'll gonna notice that on some of the questions they'll ask on the exams, you have to think "what would Microsoft do?" , not "What would I do"

I love using VMware. Probably 70% of our test environment is running on it. It makes it so easy to move stuff around, especially since we produce an app that does P2V BMR.

Hedge

American Infidel
I love using VMware. Probably 70% of our test environment is running on it. It makes it so easy to move stuff around, especially since we produce an app that does P2V BMR.
I would use VMware but it is expensive so we began with using Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2. Then I rolled out new servers with Server 2008 and Hyper-V so it has its own new virtual version and Hyper-V is free as well. I know what your going to say next . . . VM has a freebee as well. I know! But I am already committed to Server 2008 with Hyper-V and to switch over to VMWare would begin a brand new learning curve.
For the rest of you - this is Big Time GEEK stuff! :D