back to cigar pipes

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
Put my stock pipes back on

Weird they seem a little louder than I remember. I had the fake D&D, Emgo 17.5" reverse cones. I only miss the sound.
I don't miss the popping, the ugly bracket and smelling gas.

Didn't do anything to the carbs. The bike likes the uni-filter, 118, 40 and 2.5 turns. Ran better and the RPM was Lower. I see a bafflectomy in the future.

DavidC

Rocker
I had popping upon deceleration when I put TOR's on my motorcycle: never with the stock exhaust. Then I adjusted the air/fuel mixture to three turns out and the popping ceased.

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
The track day I needed access to the swing arm for the bike stand. I was going to remount the emgo and have them more upswept. I hammered the adapters in the muffler pretty good. I was going to have to cut them out and buy more. It was free to change to stock mufflers. The downside of doing a track day with stock pipes is the extra weight.

NewOldSchool

Two Stroke
you were only running 118s with emgos and uni filter? sounds like you might have pretty lean and that was what was causing that popping. i have mine set to 128m, 42p, and 1 shim. That stopped the popping and woke it up big time.

sgt brad

Scooter
hmmm...i'm running the emgo's with no airbox. i rather like the popping on decel, but regardless i think that you were very lean. i'm running 150 mains and 42 pilots. i'm 2 turns out on the air screws to get the idle-1/4 throttle down into the 13's a/f wise. i dyno'd the bike with 145's and the 42 pilots at 1.5 turns. it was lean across the board. occasionally it even went above stoich (14.7:1). i have a set of bafflectomized pipes you're welcome to try btw. oh, yeah. i was initially running 130 mains with the emgo's and the bike was weak. stepping up to 138 mains improved things, but still the bike just sort of fell on it's face when opening up the throttle. everything improved radically when the mains were changed to 145's.

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I still think it was running rich. I don't like how wide and low the stock pipe is.
It will do for the track day next weekend then I'll be back to emgo.
I was going to try 120 and 42 with the emgo when I put them back on.