Baby's got new glasses

jhillier71

Street Tracker
You have some good suggestions here, here's mine, though it may sound wierd... check your carburettor synch., when my bike gets a little out of synch, my right bar vibrates more noticeably. I know it sounds strange, but it is the truth!

What's a carburetor? :) 2010 Thruxton -I'm EFI....

Pete R

Banned
Not trying to hijack the thread but thought I'd let you know Sgt Brad's idea works a treat!

i did the old convert the stock mirrors to bar ends. grabbed some left-over carbon stock from work and ground down adapters. took all of about 20 minutes. they work great and i'm no longer looking at my shoulders when i ride. for those of you on a budget it works great.

First knocked up some brackets out of some 6mm ally plate - fitted them to look see...

hmade5small.jpg

bracket4small.jpg

Then gave the brackets a polish and bunged it all together. No more Mickey Mouse! I owe you a beer Sarge :cheers:

hmade4small.jpg

hmade3small.jpg

hmade2small.jpg

Last edited:

scrib74

Scooter
maybe I am hijacking the thread here :shrug: here but since we r talking mirrors. My stock OEM mirrors are still on the bike. They are on as tight as humanly possible but the right hand mirror vibrates like an epilectic with a milkshake but my left hand mirror is perfect, no matter what the speed.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I havent taken them off yet to see if it's a bushing or somthing similar on the right hand side that just isnt cutting it??

i'm experiencing the same thing on a 2011 Thruxton SE .. above say 25/30mph ... the right one's a blur, the left not so bad. I wondered if perhaps the shocks are that bad. did you figure this out jhillier? i guess my question is whether this is a mirror problem or suspension problem.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
i'm experiencing the same thing on a 2011 Thruxton SE .. above say 25/30mph ... the right one's a blur, the left not so bad. I wondered if perhaps the shocks are that bad. did you figure this out jhillier? i guess my question is whether this is a mirror problem or suspension problem.

i sorted it out by "giving up" and buying a pair of CRG mirrors and a Biltwell clubman bar.... :)

scrib74

Scooter
i sorted it out by "giving up" and buying a pair of CRG mirrors and a Biltwell clubman bar.... :)

is that a clubman bar you got on your bike? how do you like it and do you have a wider shot of the bike with the new handlebars. i'm thinking of copying you bars and mirrors.

thanks