baby it's cold outside

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, had a quick toot on the Bonnie a few days ago. Not too far, but fun as usual.

Ain't none of that going on right now. It is cold and snow is on the ground. First white Xmas in a long time. I don't go out when it's 12 right now with a high of 22.

Did it when I was a kid and only had a bike to go around on, but that was long ago and even then I got home one time pretty blue in the face. Mom put the law down then No more riding below 40.

Now I'm of an age where Winter holds no appeal for me.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Your mom was so right about 40 - and 22 is a whole 'nother world of pain. Its cold and snowy here in NY. As they say in my old neighborhood - Fugghedaboutit!

When it ain't wet, it's foggy as he!!. I do not ride in either condition, but then, I wouldn't ride in freezing temps/snow either. Com'on spring.

KingBear

Hooligan
Here in this great nation's Crapital area our temperatures, like many of the IQs of its most notable inhabitants, will not climb above 40 for the foreseeable future. It makes little difference to me as I don't like riding in temperatures much below 60. As long as I have a warm sweater for my outside and a hot beverage for my inside, I'll caress my sweet ride as I pass her in the garage and think of spring.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I always thought heated seats were for whimps...... til I got a car that had em... They are sooo nice.

phil

Street Tracker
Your mom was so right about 40 - and 22 is a whole 'nother world of pain. Its cold and snowy here in NY. As they say in my old neighborhood - Fugghedaboutit!

I know your pain..lol.. its -22c with a wind chill of minus thirty, today in sask...lol.. and it'll be April or so before my bonne see the light of day..

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Ha! It's too damn hot to ride here! Right now it's well over 100F and it feels like an oven when I step outside. I did go for a ride a couple of evenings ago and it felt like riding through a fan-forced oven.

It does mean that I can ride all year 'round though - except for the hottest summer days. Riding in winter here is one of life's great joys. A sunny day in winter is probably like a spring day to you folks.

drlapo

Hooligan
its too cold to be above ground
so its shop time
I'll spend the winter in my heated workshop
I'll finish the work on the 675 Street Triple today
the BSA engine comes out this afternoon for an oil pump
the Thruxton forks are next
the 64 Ducati will keep me busy until March
all I do outdoors this time of year is walk with the dog and trap shoot

drlapo

Hooligan
good time to service the gear.
rewax the Barbour jacket
a mouse chewed up the botom of my waxed cotton overtrousers= try my hand at sewing

Demar

Two Stroke
This was on my ride yesterday. 30 miles north of Santa Cruz and I rode the Guzzi as it was it's turn. Bonnie's turn next time.

Attachments

• FOTO Stelvio.jpg
    FOTO Stelvio.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Demar that is one fine looking motorcycle. Nice picture.

It was 2 degrees at my house this morning. Fireplace full of wood and blazing but still nippy.

Last edited: