Baby got a new pair of shoes! - nsfw

KingBear

Hooligan
Similar experience here, Lass. I just changed out my OEM's at 8,469 miles, replaced them with the dual compound BT45s in hopes that they will give me good service life where I do most of my riding (right down the middle) but still be sticky in the turns. Time will tell indeed.

TonUp

Street Tracker
Very well said Bonnielass

I got 8900 miles out of my stockers and could have kept going... but I figured they'd need changing sometime this season, so might as well change them now instead of later when it'll interfere with my riding.

Guess it's a tradeoff between soft rubber for traction or hard rubber for mileage. Time will tell...

I run very soft compound sticky tires on my Speed Triple and they last about 2,000 miles. I need performance to handle the power at extreme lean angles.

On my touring bikes I run a harder compound tires that last 9-12k miles rear and 12-15k miles on the front. They work great in the rain.

As you mentioned it is a tradeoff, and you will be able to feel the difference when you ride with us in Bennington. The biggest modification you can do for FREE is air pressure. Traction is crucial.

PS Nice Shoes!

Ton Up! :)

Last edited:

blkthrux

Two Stroke
I just got a set of Sport Demons. Sent them out to Buchanan's with my hubs. Now I'm anxiously waiting for them to come back with some nice and shiny Excel rims.