Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I don't recall seeing any members on this site that use a picture of their self as their avatar... not recently anyway. Which is good, because that's exactly where I'm headed with this. I realize a few members here use a pic of their self on their bike, but that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about the avatars we've all seen on other sites that look like they're trying to promote their good looks, or maybe they're actually hoping to get lucky.

So my question is this: WTF is up with these people? Is it just me, or do you find this a little disturbing as well? In particular doing it on a motorcycle forum. I read a few threads on "the other site" but don't post there because frankly, I'm a little creeped out by some of the members glamor shots. Are they looking for something more than a just good discussion with other motorcycle enthusiasts or what? :d

Feel free to tell me if I'm off way base by asking, but I'm really curious to know what others have to say about it.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Maybe they're gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that .. but it sounds gay and when you're fishing, trying throwing a line into water where there's lots of fish.

bonZa

Street Tracker
I don't recall seeing any members on this site that use a picture of their self as their avatar...

Feel free to tell me if I'm off way base by asking, but I'm really curious to know what others have to say about it.

I thought your avatar was a picture of yourself.

mine is, but I'm not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
This is actually me and so is my profile pic. I usually put an avatar that is me - my previous avatar at NBR was just a funny picture.

Last edited:

Demar

Two Stroke
I'm no beauty queen and the camera is not friendly to me. If the avatar pictures were any larger I wouldn't use the one I'm currently using.

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Maybe they're gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that .. but it sounds gay and when you're fishing, trying throwing a line into water where there's lots of fish.

Sure seems a little gay to me. Call me a redneck, but I'm not convinced that there isn't somthing wrong with that. :ghey:

I thought your avatar was a picture of yourself.

Well, I was shooting for this...
burning_man.gif
butt Im to stewpid ta figear it out. We kuntry rednecks aint as smart as ewe city rednecks. :stupid:

I'm no beauty queen and the camera is not friendly to me. If the avatar pictures were any larger I wouldn't use the one I'm currently using.

At least I can see half of your bike in that avatar. :D

I usually put an avatar that is me...

Really?!? Do you post much on "the other site"? :chin:

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
...gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that ..Bonafide

Seinfeld reference?

Lonetrumpet, other sites - what other sites - you mean like OUT? No, do you? I post on some other sports oriented sites. If you mean TRat - rarely. If you look for Sal Paradise on say sailnet you will see my ugly mug. Obviously NOT a glamour shot. Its just kind of trying to be honest. I don't like the sneaky anonymous style. I mean - I am pretty much honest.

Last edited:

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
@LMT - Thank you for not using a self portrait for your avatar. :woot:
@Sal - The only thing worse than a "glamor shot" is a "big guy on a little bike wheelie"... now you have both. :mad2:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
You are looking pretty glamorous yourself, Lonelytrumpet. I think your social life is about to start picking up.

Last edited:

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Thanks Sal. :wave:
I like to read romance novels and enjoy long walks on the beach at sunset. You up for a little fun next weekend? :sheephqr: :lol3:

Demar

Two Stroke
I don't know how to follow LT's last post or what additional value I can contribute to this thread so I'll just post the included picture.

Attachments

• an ale.jpg
    an ale.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 0

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I decided I should be honest with you guys. My name is Phil McCrakin and I updated my avatar with a recent pic of myself. :eeek: