Aux Lights on a Scrambler!

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Installed a set of Auxiliarry lights today, 50 watts each!

Mounted-1.jpg

Mounted-2.jpg

Mounted-3.jpg

Tomorrow I will wire them up!

I think they fit well with the bike, and based on past experience, I believe they will work very well!

Jim :cool:

Nice authentic looking addition Jim! Get 'em wired and fill us in to how functional they are :).

P.S. What make/brand?

Cheers
Peter

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Nice authentic looking addition Jim! Get 'em wired and fill us in to how functional they are :).

P.S. What make/brand?

Cheers
Peter

$15.95 from Walmart, believe it or not! They look great, and you can run 50 watt, or 25 watt bulbs, or even yellow bulbs. They use the MR-16 bulbs that are $2.50 at Home Depot.

PS I had a set on my old R1100 GS and they throw as much light as the $350.00 Motolights I had on my R1200GS!

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
I also received these today!

New-from-box.jpg

I know I vowed not to install hard luggage on the Scrambler, but these are so small an unobtrusive, that I think they might be worth leaving on.

They are slim, but big enough to use, and have lights on the back for running lights.

In-place.jpg

In-place-2.jpg

In-place-3.jpg

Not bad for $140 delivered.

I still need to work out the mount, but the ideas I have will be cheap and effective, plus solid.

sportyone

Street Tracker
pleeease don't do it with Scram! (lamps) it's like my mod's vespa :)

yeah exactly,

ditch the extra lights, they look bad !

why buy a scrambler and then try to make it look like a bitza, with odd bits, Bonneville pipes and clearance or running lights like a Harley ? :huh:

keep it as a scrambler, ride it in the dirt or on trails like it was designed, or swap it for a real classic Bonneville and ride it like it should be, hard and with lots of enjoyment ! :cheer:

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
yeah exactly,

why buy a scrambler and then try to make it look like a bitza, with odd bits, Bonneville pipes and clearance or running lights like a Harley ? :huh:

keep it as a scrambler, ride it in the dirt or on trails like it was designed, or swap it for a real classic Bonneville and ride it like it should be, hard and with lots of enjoyment ! :cheer:

So you say I shouldn't mod my bike because it wont look like it is suppossed to? What a load of crap!

First, it is MY bike, I can do any damn thing I want to it.

Second, if Triumph put a decent headlight on it I wouldn't have to add Aux lights.

Lastly, this bike is no more a real dirt bike than my GS was, even less really. IF I decide to swap out my exhaust for one that works for me, add lights so I can actually ride at night, install a decent seat, real shocks that work, and add a GPS who the hell are you to tell me I can't?

The riding position of the Scrambler works for me, the ride height works for me, and now the muffler and pipes are not in the way of my leg or luggage, and that works for ME!

Go ride you absolutely stock bike and be happy, and if you don't like what I am doing to mine :stfu:

ssjones

750cc
Running lights like a Harley? Hardly, imo.
FWIW, the Scrambler I sat on was cool, except for those pipes on your leg. I've never owned a bike with high pipes, but don't think I could live with that setup for long.
yeah exactly,

sportyone

Street Tracker
So you say I shouldn't mod my bike because it wont look like it is suppossed to? What a load of crap!

Second, if Triumph put a decent headlight on it I wouldn't have to add Aux lights.

Lastly, this bike is no more a real dirt bike than my GS was, even less really. IF I decide to swap out my exhaust for one that works for me, add lights so I can actually ride at night, install a decent seat, real shocks that work, and add a GPS who the hell are you to tell me I can't?

The riding position of the Scrambler works for me, the ride height works for me, and now the muffler and pipes are not in the way of my leg or luggage, and that works for ME!

Go ride you absolutely stock bike and be happy, and if you don't like what I am doing to mine :stfu:

OOPS, sorry ! Oh yeah, I just saw the job you did with your airbox too ! very neat too, eh ?
your right, as you said, it's your bike, you can stuff it up as much as you like right ?

Last edited:

Rhodie

Street Tracker

The OE light & bulb are not up to much, so aux lights can be a real lifesaver.

Jim's are v bright & clearly serve the purpose.
I am running some Wunderlich floods that aren't as bright
but do get one noticed.

If I was doing a lot of night riding I would change the main light as well.

Sadly GS comments are a little too true! :lol3:

Iceseven

750cc
The lights look great and any extra light that the cagers can see is a good thing.

3 lights (like the Harley's) drastically improve your chances of being seen and that the more that the lights are configured in a triangle pattern the better but even side by side it is an improvement.

Jim, once you wire it up can you either do a write up or PM me about your installation.

Thanks,
Ice

swap it for a real classic Bonneville and ride it like it should be, hard and with lots of enjoyment ! :cheer:

Is a four or five year old Bonneville already a classic?

sportyone

Street Tracker
quote from baron:
" Go ride you absolutely stock bike and be happy, and if you don't like what I am doing to mine :stfu: "

actually, my Black Bonneville isn't stock, it just looks that way,
I prefer to keep it looking as it is, a real classic styled reliable bike.

I don't stuff around with trying tune it myself, when I know little about the mechanics of the bike, as most people on here do.

my mechanic is constantly fixing bikes that people have stuffed around with and then they complain that it runs shitty or won't idle etc.

I get an expert tuner to do it, so I guess my bike would run a lot faster & harder than your scrambler anyway ? :headbang2:

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
quote from baron:
" Go ride you absolutely stock bike and be happy, and if you don't like what I am doing to mine :stfu: "

actually, my Black Bonneville isn't stock, it just looks that way,
I prefer to keep it looking as it is, a real classic styled reliable bike.

I don't stuff around with trying tune it myself, when I know little about the mechanics of the bike, as most people on here do.

my mechanic is constantly fixing bikes that people have stuffed around with and then they complain that it runs shitty or won't idle etc.

I get an expert tuner to do it, so I guess my bike would run a lot faster & harder than your scrambler anyway ? :headbang2:

So basically you don't know shit, but are perfectly willing to tell others who do they are effing up their bike?:yawn:

What a tool!

PS Your computer skills suck too, can't quote worth a shit!

Dude, you shouldn't be postin pics, if you can't take the bad with the good. Hard bags on a Scambler??? Fugly.

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
Dude, you shouldn't be postin pics, if you can't take the bad with the good. Hard bags on a Scambler??? Fugly.

I have no problem with someone thinking it is ugly, but this is way overboard!

yeah exactly,

why buy a scrambler and then try to make it look like a bitza, with odd bits, Bonneville pipes and clearance or running lights like a Harley ?

keep it as a scrambler, ride it in the dirt or on trails like it was designed, or swap it for a real classic Bonneville and ride it like it should be, hard and with lots of enjoyment !

If I wanted a Bonneville I would have bought one!

PS Though I like the looks of the Triumph, though looks are subjective. But function is more important to me. If I wanted pure looks, damn the function, I would have purchassed a Harley!