Atgatt

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
I had a crash at high speed last monday, a stain of diesel on the road. Here the importance of wearing good riding gear. I hitted the road at 109 km/h according to the GPS readings.
No fractures, no ligament distention, no wounds. I'm walking normally.
Here the pics:
IMG-20140505-WA0016_zpsafa3a1a5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140507_074927_zps28efecd0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20140505-WA0021_zps5bbdf3ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20140506-WA0015_zpsfd95a73c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20140505-WA0019_zps0a639d16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20140506-WA0013_zps143ab04b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140507_104519_zpsceefc5b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No visible damage to the jacket and boots. I forgot to take a picture of them.

Certified Riding gear is expensive, but it is money well expended.

T-boy

Rocker
I'm one that doesn't always dress appropriately when riding. Might have to rethink that one! Good to see you walked away from that nasty spill.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Thank you gentlemen.
Most of the damage to the bike was on the front end, the handlebar deviated to the right, right mirror broken, headlight and its base damaged, headlight support broken, windshield scratched, right signal scratched. Both mag wheels damaged. After the accident, one of the magnets of the tank bag got a little metalic debris that scratched the tank.
There was not cell phone signal in that place, so I had to ride my bike about 300 kms to home.
I have so few pics of the bike after the accident:

A couple of german bikers traveling thru Mexico stopped to help
IMG-20140506-WA0041_zpsfa506b61.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Here the unaligned front end is evident
IMG-20140505-WA0012_zps0833b06c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Close up
IMG-20140505-WA0014_zpsdb3c6cd9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
At the dealer's garage
IMG-20140507-WA0016_zps78ed296c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm going to miss her so much, probably 6 weeks until ready

Roger

Street Tracker
Hey Doc. When you think that this happened at over 100 Kmh, I think you are extremely lucky to have walked away and then ride home from that accident. How fortunate that those two tourists were there to help you get back on your way. It sounds like you were in a remote area of your country and help is a long way off. The 300 Km ride back home must have been very difficult with the front end twisted like that.

You will probably be sore for a few weeks and the bike will be repaired. The six weeks will give you time to do something else. When you get your bike back, you will enjoy it even more.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Yes Roger, it was a trip on secondary roads, there are only small towns there. I was riding with 4 friends, but they were ahead, because I stopped in a small town to drink a coke (it is really hot in here). The germans were riding two BMW GS 650 (with german plates), and got to me about 3 minutes after the crash, my friends arrived 10 minutes later.

Riding back home was difficult, left turns were wide because of the front end twisted, and the headlight was pointing to the right, so, visibility was bad (and it was a twisty road zone, we went there because of that). We arrived home at 2:00 am because of that.

The most difficult part was explaining to my wife, that I'm going to ride again when the bike is ready. She wanted me to sell my bike, and never ride again. She finally understood that is not going to happen.

Dave

Street Tracker
I ate shit last November, got banged up pretty good, lead with my face and shoulder when I went down

20131103_180356.jpg

20131103_180448.jpg

20131103_180417.jpg

you'll likely never catch me riding in a half helmet again. the only thing that got broken was skin, a small spot on my left hip and another on my right knee

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
you'll likely never catch me riding in a half helmet again.

Amen to that !

This was the point when creating this thread. Using the right equipment, may be uncomfortable, or expensive, but it is necesary in order to diminish the risk of injuries.

I'm glad you didn't have serious injuries. We learn of accidents.

An update: My motorcycle was declared by the insurance company Total loss. I'm going to miss my motorcycle. The new one arrived yesterday, this time, a T100:

IMG-20140525-WA0023_zps9d713b20.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Few days more and she will be mine.

Roger

Street Tracker
I ate shit last November, got banged up pretty good, lead with my face and shoulder when I went down

20131103_180448.jpg

you'll likely never catch me riding in a half helmet again. the only thing that got broken was skin, a small spot on my left hip and another on my right knee

That was a nice helmet. Glad to hear you made it through that okay. I know that a full face is so much better than an open face and would never consider buying an open face. Not only does it protect you if you do a face-plant, it stops the many stones laying on the roads here, that get tossed up in the air by traffic.

An update: My motorcycle was declared by the insurance company Total loss. I'm going to miss my motorcycle. The new one arrived yesterday, this time, a T100:

IMG-20140525-WA0023_zps9d713b20.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Few days more and she will be mine.

Hi Doc. Hope you are healing okay. Too bad about your nice bike but glad you have another one coming. It's a T100 too :D

qwenzel

Two Stroke
About 4 yrs ago I to had a accident. I center punched a deer. I killed the deer, but she killed my T100.
But due to good gear I walked away with only bruises and and road rash on my ankle.

dr_cerebro

Two Stroke
Thanks for your posts.

Yesterday I delivered my bike to the insurance company junkyard. I did say Goodbye to her in my mind. I know she is just a motorcycle, but I have to confess that I felt a little touched. That was my first motorcycle.