Arrow v. Zard 2-into-1

neuroboy

750cc
Long time to post. What's up.

So, I'm *this* close to saying screw it and dropping some coin n a 2-into-1 (non-race) set-up. At first blush the Arrow set-up looks pretty boss. The Zard looks a little more "Mad Max". Any thoughts on which you like the look/sound of better? Any thoughts no how I might get away not getting 100% REAMED on the price (these little bastards ain't cheap).

Cheers.

austat2

Scooter
i have the Arrow on my SE and love it but i have scraped it alot around corners and there is a dent from a catseye marker from goin too fast round corners . Now i try my hardest not to make it touch the ground because the spings that hold it together have worn off twice and i`m about to break the lil holder for the spring

neuroboy

750cc
So what your saying is as long as it doesn't meet the pavement it should be fine? ;)

What about the exhaust note? Good, bad, indifferent?

Ninja K

Two Stroke
I don't own Arrrow's but I've heard them but I don't personally like the sounds. It's high pitched and Tinny.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I'll throw in with Ninja K, I've heard Arrow systems on Bonnes and Scramblers, didn't like the tone. They evidently come with a removable silencer; installed it's quieter than stock mufflers (this was on a Scram). Without the silencer (Bonneville), it wasn't really that loud to me: it was sort of high-pitched and annoying, to be honest.

I've never heard a Zard system in person and I know better than to go by sound clips and Youtube videos to decide if an exhaust sounds right or not. IMHO, even the best recording equipment and the finest sound system around just can't duplicate the effect of hearing an exhaust in person.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I'll throw you another bone, Neuro. Having read your recent post about trying to rig a 2 into 1 system with a titanium look, I recently saw/heard the D&D full system 2 into 2. Dude, it looks alot cooler than a pic can relate, and it's ALOT louder than a soundbite can express. Having said as much, it's evidently pretty easy to fab up some silencers to fit into the D&D mufflers to make the sound a bit more, errrrrr, socially acceptable. It might be worth your consideration.

Arrows 2/1

I have had these pipes from new since 2009 and have ridden them baffle out from day one. Tinny - no, Loud - yes, shake the windows on the house from behind the garden wall - hell yes. Expensive but an excellent full system.

My only tips for whether you like the sound, listen on tickover when warm, when accelerating and decelerating. That is if you have the opportunity to test them.

Exhausts seem to be a completely subjective subject both here and other at triumphrat.net

Without tests or testimonies, you pays your money and you takes your choice and whether the exhaust note is what you like is absolutely a personal thing.

Last edited:
dont go for the over priced arrow system i sold mine after 3 weeks on purchased the norman hyde togas, sound great unlike the arrows they sounded more like a scooter.