Arizona Riders

pepper

Street Tracker
Who are you, where are you, what's your machine?

I'm Pepper, I live in Metro Phoenix and I ride an '03 Bonneville.

Last edited:

LINDY

Two Stroke
First Name is Sean
Live in Glendale
Ride an 09 SE Bonnie :ride:
Pack leader for the AzRatPack.

Flaco

750cc
Allin, Tucson, '05 Bonneville... Daily rider and weekend tours...
Lot's of Bonnevilles here in Tucson...
AZ BIR in Phoenix...

Skeeter

Rocker
im little skeeter, live in PA but workin on movin to sierra vista. ill be out there in may to look at apts and such. cant wait to leave PA. my parents own land in douglas. they have to sell our house here firs then move.

pepper

Street Tracker
Hey Flaco, you doing the Route 66 run with the TeePee Clan in March? I need to get firm dates on that, I'd like to do that one if I can. I missed both Hansen Dam and the run they did around the east side of the city.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I will be in Scottsdale may 15- 22 and plan on renting a bike while I am out there.Don't need a car - my cousin is picking me up at the airport and Iam staying at his place for a week. Half my family have moved to Phoenix Scottsdale and surrounding area....what'sa good desert road?

Last edited:

bonnaz

Scooter
'09 T100 here in East Mesa,

Sal, if you haven't done so before, gotta make the ride up to Tortilla Flats, for one.
plenty of sweet rides here in the desert, as long as you get out of the valley during the warm months.
another favorite is from Phx to Prescott, the back way.

Flaco

750cc
Hey Flaco, you doing the Route 66 run with the TeePee Clan in March? I need to get firm dates on that, I'd like to do that one if I can. I missed both Hansen Dam and the run they did around the east side of the city.
probably...
i do the bir bisbee run the last two decembers...
we should stay in touch as my rides will be taking me north now that the weather is warming...
did 350 miles last weekend looping through southern az...
i'll keep you posted on my rides...
will be doing the norton flog... colorado norton club ride to silver city nm may 7-9...
link
http://www.nortoncolorado.org/index.html

allin...

i always do a three day two night through the white mt's every year...

yeah, i know... no caps... guiness spilled on your keyboard is a no-no...

pepper

Street Tracker
Allin, we should stay in touch indeed... run up here on the mountain for a long weekend when you hit triple digits down in the valley if you want to. I work out of a home office so it's convenient for me too.

Silver City is cool...I've done 180 up past Mule Creek, Glenwood (love those sweepers), and into Reserve and the Narrows (32) many, many times back in my panhead (club) days. Not that you'll ever go looking for it but there's a 9 mil in the bottom of a state shitter up around the catwalks. My buddy dropped it in the hole one afternoon. It was a nice pistole too. He still talks about losing it. Haven't been over to the east side since I've gotten the Bonneville though. Do you ride 191N (666, "The Coronado Trail") up into Hannegans Meadow and Alpine much? There's a decent (and cheap) primitive state campground on the left not too far after you come out on top of the switchbacks.

When you do your long weekend in the White Mountains do you camp on the Blue??

pepper

Street Tracker
I will be in Scottsdale may 15- 22 and plan on renting a bike while I am out there.Don't need a car - my cousin is picking me up at the airport and Iam staying at his place for a week. Half my family have moved to Phoenix Scottsdale and surrounding area....what'sa good desert road?

How much time you gonna have to ride Sal?? Bonnaz suggested a pretty good ride to Tortilla Flats. Depending on what you have in mind I can suggest quite a few more. Actually all of us Az guys probably could. Arizona, like most states, has some spectacular roads!

pepper

Street Tracker
bisbee and tombstone are a good ride. ive dont that on a silly sportster

I rode a Sportster for many a year back in the iron head days Skeeter...nothing wrong wit dat bike mang. I've never met a motorcycle I didn't like, no matter how small or where it was made, some I just liked better n' others is all. Even after all these years I still get a big kick out of all of them. And you're right about Bisbee and Tombstone, hell that whole part of the state is great riding. Did you get a chance to run down around Patagonia and Lake Pena Blanca when you were out and about?

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
How much time you gonna have to ride Sal?? - Pepper.

Well, I will be there a week,so..6 days. Realistically, 3 days (the family would rather I hang around). So an overnight and a day trip from Scottsdale.

pepper

Street Tracker
Sal, punch these way points into Google Maps (Mapquest won't hold this many way points). This is a 2 full day ride with a free overnighter at my house :up:
You'll ride through the Salt River Canyon (kinda like a mini grand canyon), along the Mogollon Rim, Oak Creek Canyon/Sedona, etc...

Scottsdale Arizona
Globe Arizona
Show Low, Navajo, Arizona
Payson Arizona
Mormon Lake Arizona
Flagstaff Arizona
Oak Creek Canyon Arizona
Sedona Arizona
Cottonwood Arizona
Camp Verde Arizona
Strawberry Arizona
Payson Arizona
Tortilla Flat, Arizona
Scottsdale Arizona

Skeeter

Rocker
I rode a Sportster for many a year back in the iron head days Skeeter...nothing wrong wit dat bike mang. .........
. Did you get a chance to run down around Patagonia and Lake Pena Blanca when you were out and about?

nothin worng with a sporty but this one had a huuuge wieldsheild and buckhorn handle bars with leather tassels on the levers and i really wanted my trumpet out on those roads.

didnt go to Patagonia and Lake Pena Blanca yet. heard of them. this trip out to Az in May is gonna be a research trip, lookin at apartemts and work and such. cant wait

Flaco

750cc
I could ride on Sunday May 16th...
Work weekdays...
Let me know and maybe pepper and I can do a day ride east then I could split off and head back to Tucson...
Let me know...
[email protected]

Last edited: