are we now fashionable?

drlapo

Hooligan
have you seen what is happening to Belstaff prices???
the brand has been sold again.
the waxed cotton riding jacket price has risen to $850 and the leather version is $1750!!!

I'm glad I got mine years ago :brit_tit:

JimmyR

Street Tracker
I have always been fashionable, but nobody else could see it. I have a much loved Schott classic biker jacket that I bought in NYC a few years ago. It's a bit warm to wear in summer unfortunately, but I love it. Soooo comfy. Really thick leather too. I just wish I could find something like it to wear in our rather hot summers.

drlapo

Hooligan
I have been wearing Barbour or Belstaff since the late 60's.
they are perfect for wet/cold enduros in New England
I'm on my 3rd Barbour International.
they never wear out but can get so dirty and stinky that they must be replaced
I tried to clean one at a local laundrymat and used kerosene to remove the wax; did not work out well

JimmyR

Street Tracker
Have you tried a good drycleaner? Some places are good for weird tricky clothes.

Where I live it's all about wind. It's so damned windy that leather is great because the wind doesn't get through. But it's also really hot for at least 3-4 months so it's really hard to find anything safe to wear that won't leave you massively dehydrated after a 5 minute ride. I have a cheaper leather jacket with armour in it but it's not that comfortable. But it is perforated to let the breeze through in the warmer weather. Still to warm in the summer, which is starting about now.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Took a flight over to Korea and had a mom & pop shop make an exact copy of a $700 coat I wanted for $150. Hand stitched and exact copy down to the symbols on the tags. Fuck their fashion bullshit and the money they steal....I mean....sell at. This shit always makes me laugh...motorcycle fashion...

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Fuck their fashion bullshit and the money they steal....I mean....sell at. This shit always makes me laugh...motorcycle fashion...

Same goes with Ruby helmets. I have mine all picked out, but just can't justify the price.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
the Belstaff Trialmaster in waxed cotton will be $1300 in January!
some places have already raised the price; BMG is at $1100
the leather jackets will only be affordable to my ex wife

Last edited:

JimmyR

Street Tracker
That's crazy! I bought this in NYC a while ago for about $400 and it will last me and probably my son a lifetime;

classic-racer-leather-motorcycle-jacket_zps5712619d.jpeg

monty

Street Tracker
That's crazy! I bought this in NYC a while ago for about $400 and it will last me and probably my son a lifetime;

classic-racer-leather-motorcycle-jacket_zps5712619d.jpeg

Funny you should say that. I have every intention of passing on my 22yr old Furygan leather to my son when he is ready.

As an aside, I see many football {soccer} hooligans wearing belstaff jackets as they are fashionable.

Monty

bonZa

Street Tracker
I rewaxed my Barbour jacket and trousers and I'm ready for another year

I think you will find that Barbour offer a cleaning and re-waxing service for their products. maybe worth investigating for next time

for those in Oz, I bought a Motociclo waxed cotton "pit crew" jacket a few years ago and it has had a ton of use. Aussie made, fairly well priced and keeps out the wet weather very well. http://www.motociclo.com.au/products/pit-crew-vintage-rally-jacket-australian-oilskin

drlapo

Hooligan
I've only owned 3 Belstaff jackets in my life, so far
the first was for riding in New England enduros in the late 60s and early 70s
it kept me warm and dry for years
my second was for general bike wear from the 70s to 2009 when it began to shrink around the middle; I gave it to a skinny Rocker
so now I have one more and already one of my sons is asking if he will inherit it
timeless design and functional but too "fashionable" now = high price

j.mac

Scooter
past history

I remember when I was in me teens, there used to be a belstaff factory in ullsworth road in Hartlepool England. I bet there are loads of them hidden away in cuboards. :brit_tit: